`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resealed Hobby Boxes?

Resealed Hobby Boxes?
Has anyone ever come across a confirmed case of someone resealing a hobby box? I order a box of 2013 Gypsy Queen online and it arrived today. The whole thing felt a bit sketchy. It was shrink wrapped, but all of what should have been Topps markings were smudges. The people who shipped it packaged it like complete asswagons so maybe the smudges were a combination of heat and lackluster packaging. So I take off the wrapping and the seal looks suspect as well. Some of the adhesive was stuck to the box lid almost like it had been resealed. Again, poor packaging and 90+ heat could have compromised the seal, but I am losing more and more faith the further I get into this box. So I remove the last of the seal and pop the box top and there is a pack on top of the mini box. Has anyone ever run across this? There were 9 packs on both sides, so however unlikely it was not a pack sliding over. Under the pack was the mini box then 5 more packs, so all 24 packs are accounted for

Would it be wiser to break the packs before I make a determination or just contact the seller and tell them I want a new box?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

RE: Resealed Hobby Boxes?
If people can counterfeit money with all the hi tech advanced anti counterfeiting things in/on them, re sealing boxes is a breeze

Sounds like it was resealed to me. I've seen a lot of high tech shenanigans and as stated above, resealing boxes is actually a breeze if the recipient is unsuspecting. I don't mean you of course as you posted this because you are suspecting lol

Did you get the box from one of the bigger sellers or from the bay / a seller on Amazon?

If your gut tells you to send it back....send it back. Those packs shouldn't move (slide) in those boxes.
JMO and I agree whole heartly with what was said ^^^^^^^.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Playing Devil's Advocate here :

You've already removed all the shrink-wrap and broken open/removed the seal on the box. At this point the seller has zero proof that anything was wrong from the beginning, or that anything may have happened during transport, or that you haven't taken the contents out and filled the box with packs from other "dead" boxes containing zero hits yourself.

Any questions or concerns probably should have been addressed before opening anything.

Like I said, just playing Devil's Advocate, and bringing up points that are likely to be brought up by the seller.

I also would like to know where the box was ordered from.

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

(06-06-2014, 05:49 PM)PaulM2012 Wrote: So I remove the last of the seal and pop the box top and there is a pack on top of the mini box.
I'm an idiot....the pack on the top is a toploader.

Open 'er up and chalk it up to experience. Like mentioned, once the seal is broken and wrap removed the seller has a leg to stand on.

Gotta be careful from whom you purchase stuff.....alot of shady folks operate in thei hobby.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Not purchased from a reputable hobby shop online? Or was it purchased from another collector? Ebay? Waxliguidators perhaps?

No Topps shrink = not a good box to me.

Even a "good" resealer will try to carefully remove the Topps logo wrap and reuse it.

I bought a few boxes of this years gypsy and both my seals were popped open I got a Yu darvish auto numbered 25 and the other boxes was na. But the dealer was good and he said all of his came that way. Did you get your case hit? That is big indicator.