`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
WHY?

WHY?
Need help again guys. I did my first case break this week, ordered from Dave and Adams and got the Toronto Maple Leafs. Why do you guys do breaks, is there a benefit to doing that as opposed to opening boxes? I need to be convinced there is, if not i'll just stick to opening my own boxes. Thanks, Raff

RE: WHY?
I've done a few breaks simply because it's cheaper than buying full boxes and you don't have all the base laying around that no one wants. Sometimes I have come out on top and most times I have lost money. Granted, I don't post the cards on eBay I just add them to my org and hope someone wants to trade for them. If I sold them I could probably recoup some of the lost money.
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

Group breaks are touch and go, I've hit a few nice cards, but nothing huge, ever. It does happen though, I've seen some real monsters pulled in $40 group breaks.
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/

depends on the product really and WHO and how the break is done...

there was a few who i enjoy doing breaks with but a few i wont touch

for me best bet is buying singles (once I get the money again)
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

They've always scared me especially if not bidding/buying a specific team. Yes you may get lucky in the draft style but then again you might get a horrible team.
Go Avs Go!

I have been buying in to a lot of breaks for the past couple of months and have received some great cards. I have also seen a ton of incredible pulls. That being said, I have also had some dud breaks.

For me it is the gamble that I might get a great card.

They are a fun and often inexpensive way to get into higher end product. We run different a types that attract different folks. The most successful is the "pick the hits" style where everything gets opened and then the participants pick what they want based on their picking order.

Upper Deck has a authorized group breaker program in place and have a list of authorized breakers. For example, there are only 5 of us in Canada.

They are not for everyone, but they do provide some fun for those who participate.