Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps Team Sets with traded/updates?

Topps Team Sets with traded/updates?
Everyone,

Looking to put together something nice for my son ... I was born in 1982 and I'm looking to purchase a Topps team set, every year from '82 to now, of the Cubs.

If you were doing the same, would you make it a point to buy the traded/update team sets to for each year too - or is the base Topps set enough.

Anyone done something similar, and if so, what have you done?
[Image: Signature_zpsnepr034k.jpg]

RE: Topps Team Sets with traded/updates?
I do this with Yankee Team sets, most collector's just include the base cards and maybe the traded/updated sets. I go overboard and get all cards with Yankees on them from the sets, Record Breakers, Team Checklists, All-Stars, League Leaders and SP's...let me know what your plans are and I can help, I have all of my commons sorted by teams and I am sure that I have quite a few that you need from 1982-present, shoot me a PM and we can work out a deal
[Image: Untitled-1copy.jpg]
Derek Jeter Card Count: 3,981 Total Cards, 1,998 Unique Cards and 332 Graded Cards. I Will trade anything I have for any Derek Jeter cards

If it were me, I'd just do base Topps - I consider Traded/Update a separate issue.

Of course, if you complete your Topps project, maybe that could be the next one you shoot for.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

I'm doing the Cubs teams sets from 52 on. I decided to do the Update/Traded as well. I said why the heck not. They are really cheap and are easy to come by. I think there is only like 3 from the 80s and then start back in 01 or 02.
Colleting all Topps Cubs cards from the main set and Traded/Update
Main Set - 1415/1672 84.6%
Years Completed - 51, 76-94, 96, 99, 00, 04, 06, 07, 09, 12
Traded/Update - 90/234 38.4%

(05-29-2014, 05:46 PM)rynocollector Wrote: I'm doing the Cubs teams sets from 52 on. I decided to do the Update/Traded as well. I said why the heck not. They are really cheap and are easy to come by. I think there is only like 3 from the 80s and then start back in 01 or 02.
There are a lot more than 3 in the 80s. There is a Traded/Update set every year from 1981 to 1995. Then it skipped a few years until 1999 and has been going since then. There were also Topps Traded sets in 1974 and 1976.
I like the idea of a Cubs team set including the Traded cards, that way you would include the Greg Maddux rookie card from 1987 Topps Traded.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

If you really want to get crazy you can try and pick these up too.

[Image: front.jpg]
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

I do this with my Yankees team sets. I collect everything Topps puts out, including the Traded/Updated sets.

Mike
[Image: new-york-skyline-day-panorama_zps1b18efc9.jpg]

Collects NY Yankees, NY Jets, NY Knicks, NY Islanders and NJ Devils as well as players in signature

(05-30-2014, 09:11 AM)djohn Wrote: There are a lot more than 3 in the 80s. There is a Traded/Update set every year from 1981 to 1995. Then it skipped a few years until 1999 and has been going since then. There were also Topps Traded sets in 1974 and 1976.
I like the idea of a Cubs team set including the Traded cards, that way you would include the Greg Maddux rookie card from 1987 Topps Traded.
Yeah, you're right. I was thinking it was the 80s that had the few but it was the 70s. Now that I think about you are right. But again, they are really easy to find and cheap so go for it!

Colleting all Topps Cubs cards from the main set and Traded/Update
Main Set - 1415/1672 84.6%
Years Completed - 51, 76-94, 96, 99, 00, 04, 06, 07, 09, 12
Traded/Update - 90/234 38.4%