`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you had $5k to spend on cards...

If you had $5k to spend on cards...
...and no cards in your collection, i.e. a blank canvas to start from.

What would you spend the money on?

Maybe 1 or 2 nice cards? (If so, which ones?)

Would you spend the money chasing a set?

Maybe start a player collection or NBA 50 Greatest Players?

Or perhaps rookie cards of HOF players?

I'm curious Smile

RE: If you had $5k to spend on cards...
I wouldn't spend it on basketball. I'd go with football, baseball, and hockey--likely in that order. As a Chicago fan, there is more history in those three than on the hardwood.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(05-25-2014, 10:35 AM)jonathani Wrote: I wouldn't spend it on basketball. I'd go with football, baseball, and hockey--likely in that order. As a Chicago fan, there is more history in those three than on the hardwood.
Fair enough. That's a good honest answer.

I'm curious what basketball fans would spend the money on though. I don't follow football, baseball or hockey, so can't comment on those.

If my entire collection was gone and I had 5k to spend, I would start by purchasing a nice MJ RC. After the MJ rc, I would buy a Auto Jersey MJ card. With the money left over I would buy some of the 90s inserts I cannot afford right now such as the BMOC card.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

You won't go wrong with MJ collection. But collect the players you like and enjoy!

I'd go with a nice LeBron and Kobe RC. Maybe a LeBron Exquisite and a Kobe Topps Chrome. If I had enough left, I'd try to pickup a Jordan RC.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

Hmmmm, I would buy a NT Chris Paul Logoman, and a Tristan Thomposn NT Logoman.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

Great question.

If I was starting from scratch.....

I would try to find a cut auto of Lou Gehrig. Then try to find a Jordan/Lebron dual auto. These two cards get rid of 5K pretty fast!
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

I collect many sports and players but I'd focus solely on 4 of my very favorite players and some of the cards I like most of theirs to "begin" my pc. Went with Basketball only for this round (39 cards total).

Michael Jordan Fleer Rc BGS 8.5 and 2 Certified Autos (1 in Bulls jersey, 1 in UNC jersey)
8 Kobe Autos, Finest BGS 9 Rc Refractor, Ex2000 BGS 9 Rc, Chrome BGS 9 Rc
21 Kevin Garnett T-Wolves Autos, Finest BGS 9.5 Rc
Vince Carter BGS 9.5 Chrome Rc Refractor, SP Authentic BGS 9.5 Rc & Press Pass Auto BGS 9.5

Michael Jordan Fleer 1986-87 (you can't beat a classic)

And I always wanted this card:
http://www.beckett.com/basketball/2002-0...au-3271133
No idea if anyone ever got it or if they would be willing to sell it. But I would want this one for sure.