`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The USPS's new money saving idea

RE: The USPS's new money saving idea
IMO, we're spoiled with what we have. For less than 50 cents you can send a piece of paper from Maine to Southern California. Try that without the Postal Service.

I don't think the Postal Service's service is that great but think if we didn't have anything like it and then one day they said we are going to take whatever you need to send to California for you for pennies and bring back whatever they want to send to you. The only problem is, you'll have to walk to the end of the street to get it. I think most would be fine with that.

I don't care if they do the communal boxes. 99% of my mail is garbage anyway. Honestly, if they put a garbage can next to it it would lessen the junk mail sitting on my table right now. And they would still need to bring packages to my door for me to not care about the communal boxes.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

(05-22-2014, 08:12 PM)robsvideos Wrote: they have been doing this for years. any new development gets neighborhood boxes. if USPS had their way all postal customers would get a po box and have to come to the office to get their mail.
also the postal service has a knack for posting changes that never happen. i think its just a ploy to get public opinion. how long have you heard about no more saturday delivery? or they are broke? odds are if it ever happens. it will be a decade down the road.
Exactly. Outside of already established city houses, everybody has their mail box by the road.

(05-26-2014, 12:33 PM)mkufta Wrote: IMO, we're spoiled with what we have. For less than 50 cents you can send a piece of paper from Maine to Southern California. Try that without the Postal Service.

I don't think the Postal Service's service is that great but think if we didn't have anything like it and then one day they said we are going to take whatever you need to send to California for you for pennies and bring back whatever they want to send to you. The only problem is, you'll have to walk to the end of the street to get it. I think most would be fine with that.

I don't care if they do the communal boxes. 99% of my mail is garbage anyway. Honestly, if they put a garbage can next to it it would lessen the junk mail sitting on my table right now. And they would still need to bring packages to my door for me to not care about the communal boxes.
They used to do that, it was called the Pony Express LOL, the only things the mailman had to worry about is if he was scalped or not Smile

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

I have no problem with it. In fact the only house I lived in the last 20 years that had a mail slot was one that we rented last year before buying our home. The mail slot pissed me off because it was in the garage and although there was a bin for the mail to fall into it kept missing the bin and falling behind boxes. Now my mailbox is on the street right next to 2 others for the houses on either side of me. Not quite the communal stuff they are talking about here but yeah sometimes mail goes to the wrong box. Heck one time a guy drove up with a small stack of bubble mailers that were addressed to me but were delivered to him and he does't even live on my street! So there will always be problems with misdirected mail, even if everyone had a box at the Post Office. But if they think that this will save a ton of money then go for it. Then again, living in Southern California means that I don't have to go out to the mailbox in inclement weather very often, so I can see where that would suck.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

(05-26-2014, 04:31 PM)shezdoni Wrote: They used to do that, it was called the Pony Express LOL, the only things the mailman had to worry about is if he was scalped or not Smile
native americans didnt really scalp people. thats a white mans myth. i am both native american and a postal worker and take boths history serious.

MAINLY COLLECTING KANSAS CITY CHIEFS PLAYERS
new updated bucket 12/16

Well, it won't really matter to me at all. I have had to purchase a PO box with a local shipping company because of my problems with the delivery person losing and destroying my mail. I can't afford it financially or emotionally any longer. It will cost me more, but I know the people at the shipping company will take care of me, as I have to go to them to send out mail due to the less than enthusiastic and hospitable USPS branch in my area
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

(05-26-2014, 06:07 PM)robsvideos Wrote: native americans didnt really scalp people. thats a white mans myth. i am both native american and a postal worker and take boths history serious.
Quote:shezdoni Wrote: They used to do that, it was called the Pony Express LOL, the only things the mailman had to worry about is if he was scalped or not Smile

So where do you see at all in that line where I even said native americans? Huh, or mentioned any thing like that?

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(05-28-2014, 04:22 AM)shezdoni Wrote: So where do you see at all in that line where I even said native americans? Huh, or mentioned any thing like that?
Lol, yeah, I ignored that dumb comment he made.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

(05-26-2014, 06:07 PM)robsvideos Wrote: native americans didnt really scalp people. thats a white mans myth. i am both native american and a postal worker and take boths history serious.
Not true at all. Its debated whether or not it was introduced by Europeans or if it was native here as well, but there are several documented cases of Native Americans scalping people. Saying Native Americans never scalped people is definitely not true at all. It wasn't like TV might have projected before our time but it did in fact happen on numerous occasions. Not all tribes practiced it, but some did. Calling it a "white man's myth" is pretty ridiculous.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

is this still about the usps or not? seems like boring history 101
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.