`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent card show pickups

Recent card show pickups
I was at the local card show a couple days ago and got a large stack of cards from one of the tables. The stack contained 43 different chippers I did not have and 7 other braves pc cards. I also got a nice Chipper auto/jsy card too.

Here are some of my finds.
[Image: photo3_zps9db439d5.jpg]

can't find this one in Beckett and haven't been able to find any research on it either. The foil stamp reads "The Gem Collection 1 of 1"
I just thought it looked cool and grabbed it. any help on this one would be great!

[Image: photo4_zps2e3219e6.jpg]

This one I was able to find on ebay as far as card description and selling price, but it is not listed in Beckett (at least I couldn't pull it up in the search opg) looks to be a rare variation I think.

[Image: photo1_zpseb6b96c1.jpg]

back
[Image: photo2_zps9f724090.jpg]

and last but not least, here is where most of my money went

[Image: photo5_zps9e805d54.jpg]

it's numbered 8/10. Sorry if the scans are a little blurred. I took the pics from my phone. Hope you enjoyed.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

RE: Recent card show pickups
Awesome stuff! 43 card pick-up of your PC guy is great. I love picking through cards at shows, can spend hours doing it.

Your Maddux looks like a gold framed. Don't know the card number or year but typed in Diamond Kings Maddux and 380+ cards came up. Saw some 1/1 serial numbered cards, no auto/mem. Great looking card!

Thanks for sharing.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

love the Maddux 1/1!

best thing I could find was from a worthpoint entry (not a member there so no clue what it sold for)

I wasn't able to find it anywhere in the ORG though tried different years also- also found different year cards from other sports where it had the same gem collection stamp but in odd spots guessing it was something they did as a buyback insert somewhere down the line - or had at the nationals or something

"2003 ALEX RODRIGUEZ RARE DONRUSS GEM COLLECTION 1/1 SP!
YOUR BIDDING ON THE CARD IN THE SCAN. THIS WILL BE A NO RESERVE AUCTION WITH A SUPER LOW STARTING BID OF ONLY .99 CENTS FOR A 2003 DONRUSS CLASSICS #15 ALEX RODRIGUEZ THE GEM COLLECTION VARIATION 1 OF 1! THIS IS A TRUE 1/1! THIS IS THE ONLY ONE OF THESE IN THE WORLD! SHIPPING FOR THIS CARD WILL BE $4.00 AND WILL BE SENT WITH TOP LOADER AND IN A BUBBLE MAILER FOR PROTECTION. SERIOUS BIDDERS ONLY AND MUST PAY WITHIN 7 DAYS OF THE END OF THE AUCTION. THANKS FOR LOOKING AND GOOD LUCK! "
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

The 2008 Topps Chipper is the Back to School insert:

Back to School package

These eight cards were distributed in specially-marked back-to-school retail packages produced by Fairfield whcih were sold at Target. Two of these cards were packaged with two packs of Series 1 and two packs of Series 2 for $7.99.

TB1 Miguel Cabrera
TB2 Albert Pujols
TB3 Grady Sizemore
TB4 Ken Griffey, Jr
TB5 David Wright (with Mr. Met)
TB6 Ichiro Suzuki (with the Mariners Moose)
TB7 Alex Rodriguez
TB8 Chipper Jones

Excellent finds!
2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331

Congrats on getting so many PC's at once. It's a great feeling to get home and check them off the list.
Dustin Pedroia Collector

[Image: Pedroia%20Beckett_zpsyhzs8kbs.jpg]

Love the Chipper!

I believe the Maddux is an aftermarket "1 of 1". Simply put, someone created a foil stamper that had this nifty design on it and just stamped a whole bunch of different cards that they had lying around in hopes of reselling them all as rare "1 of 1" cards. Unfortunately there really isn't much value to those cards, as the stamping was not done by a card company. However it is still a good fun card to have for a personal collection. I just hope you didn't pay much for it.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(05-20-2014, 08:05 PM)djohn Wrote: I believe the Maddux is an aftermarket "1 of 1". Simply put, someone created a foil stamper that had this nifty design on it and just stamped a whole bunch of different cards that they had lying around in hopes of reselling them all as rare "1 of 1" cards. Unfortunately there really isn't much value to those cards, as the stamping was not done by a card company. However it is still a good fun card to have for a personal collection. I just hope you didn't pay much for it.
The 2008 Topps Chipper is the Back to School insert:

Back to School package

These eight cards were distributed in specially-marked back-to-school retail packages produced by Fairfield whcih were sold at Target. Two of these cards were packaged with two packs of Series 1 and two packs of Series 2 for $7.99.

TB1 Miguel Cabrera
TB2 Albert Pujols
TB3 Grady Sizemore
TB4 Ken Griffey, Jr
TB5 David Wright (with Mr. Met)
TB6 Ichiro Suzuki (with the Mariners Moose)
TB7 Alex Rodriguez
TB8 Chipper Jones

Excellent finds!

I showed the Maddux card to the owner of my lcs and he basically said the same thing you did. At least I didn't pay very much for it, but it does look pretty cool, lol.

I also showed him the Chipper topps card and he said found the same info on that as well.

Thanks for the comments!
(05-20-2014, 05:52 PM)buckles2335 Wrote: Love the Chipper!
Thanks. Love the Chipper in your sig! looks amazing.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]