`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
partial refund?

RE: partial refund?
(05-18-2014, 08:51 AM)pingbling23 Wrote: buyers also need to stop buying raw cards and expecting them to be gem mint......
Absolutely.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

I had the same situation as you stated happen to me last week. I listed the card as NrMt-Mt which it was. It had one tiny indent on the card the size of a pin but it would still grade at least an 8 which is NrMt-Mt. I took the return and then blocked the buyer. Sold the card last night again on Ebay for $15 more than I did on the last sale. I'm getting tired of buyers being a PIA so I am keeping a small portion of my collection PC and selling off everything else. It's not worth the hassle anymore
(05-18-2014, 08:51 AM)pingbling23 Wrote: buyers also need to stop buying raw cards and expecting them to be gem mint......
Couldn't have said it better myself. When I resold the card I stated in the auction that it was NrMt-Mt or BGS 8 which is how it would grade.

Thanks to all that posted their thoughts and experiences. While I do believe in customer service, I am not a big time retailer, just a guy that likes to bust the latest products and just trying to make back a portion of what I bust...so it's tough when buyers nowadays expect so much. It is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

I tend to even block bidders if they bother me with offers when they are unsolicited. They can get really irritating. I know they're just trying to get the best out of their money, but they don't think about the fact that a lot of the smaller ebay sellers are actually just collectors or guys trying to make back 30-50% of their busts.

Thanks again to everyone who responded!

+1,000,000
The worst part is that they are usually buying so that they can grade the card and turn around and resell it for more. Just one more reason I am not a big fan of grading (especially for modern cards). The perceived price increase for a grade can be ridiculous
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/