`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
My first GOAT auto!

My first GOAT auto!
Sorry MJ fans, I'll take Mr. Russell and day...

[Image: C774CC3C-3A05-4751-B44F-361148ED60C8_zpsykkoutgt.jpg]
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

RE: My first GOAT auto!
The amount of disappointment I had when I opened this thread lol. Saw the title and was like oh boy oh boy a MJ auto!

Very nice card though! Cant go wrong with Bill Russell or Flawless for that matter.

Ditto JDetter haha
My Website: thepointguard.weebly.com
Also Collecting: Five Star Autos, '50s Topps Sets
Current Top Wants: '15 Chipper Jones & Other Five Star Autos
[Image: PGBanner_zps899b0bff.jpg]

Lol Beautiful card man. I may be in the minority, but I was expecting a MJ auto and was pleasantly surprised to find the Russell. Great pickup!
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

When I saw your name and the Tittle of the Post, I knew it was going to be a Bill Russell Auto.

If it was anyone else than I would have expected to see a Jordan Auto.

Very nice card! Love the Flawless!
-Aries
The Zodiac Collection
Boston Celtics Auto's Past & Present Super Collector
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156376773@...0713393666

(05-15-2014, 10:40 PM)TBarn291 Wrote: Lol Beautiful card man. I may be in the minority, but I was expecting a MJ auto and was pleasantly surprised to find the Russell. Great pickup!
Hey Tim, I'm glad you like it. I have been chasing a Russell for a while and I was pumped when I saw this one at auction.
(05-16-2014, 10:38 AM)The_Zodiac_Collection Wrote: When I saw your name and the Tittle of the Post, I knew it was going to be a Bill Russell Auto.

If it was anyone else than I would have expected to see a Jordan Auto.

Very nice card! Love the Flawless!
I knew you would pick up on this one! I have to say I was a little down when I saw the card online. The all white is a bit sterile for my liking, but it looks great in person. Plus I like the "uncirculated" aspect of it coming in the sealed Panini magnetic.

To those I fooled, I'm sorry. I just thought it was a clever title. Though also a little insight into our hobby. I was so pumped to land my first Russell it made me consider the cost of his cards compared to others. I usually don't talk about what I paid, but I dropped 100.00 on this at auction. It is from the top product in 12-13, and on-card /100. What would an MJ Flawless go for at auction. I looked at the last 3 years of releases. Amongst all release Russell and Jordan have had relatively similar numbers of auto cards released. So the supply is the same in terms of releases, Russell is a bit fewer in that more of his cards are low serial number (though I might be wrong, I did not add them all up!).

I won't go to far off-topic, but I honestly put MJ and Russell 1 and 1A in terms of GOAT status. I factor in dominance over competition, NBA titles, longevity and social standing. Russell was also a successful coach. Then I consider that Russell did not have the comfortable career that MJ had. The money was just a little bit different in the 50's than the 90's, and Russell played in an era where being a black man of status meant entire cities (including the one he played for) were divded on what your human rights should be, MJ had corporations change their entire philosophy to support who he was and what he stood for. MJ golfed on the weekends, Russell was engaging in ongoing civil rights battles.

ANYWAYS, that has nothing to do with out hobby. Obviously our hobby is the most simple form of supply and demand. Due to the age of most of us MJ will always be in greater demand than anyone before him.
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

Congrats on the pick up man!! Russell and Flawless are a great combination.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

That is a beautiful card of an absolute legend. As a Bulls fan, I can still say that is one awesome card. Congrats!
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.