`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new auto, it's inexpensive, but absolutely one of my favorites

A new auto, it's inexpensive, but absolutely one of my favorites
First I thought I would take a moment to show the other parts of the mailday that came in today. I don't post most of my takes so I figured I'd drop a few down. The Pierce is "prime" /10. The Shaq is a card we all know. I could never get one as a kid. I got this one for 3.50 dlvd.

[Image: D85EBD47-D2BF-4F73-8980-0287E286E4D0_zpss3crmfzv.jpg]

Now the card that I am so excited about. It is, IMO, a fantastic design. It's serial #'d and on card which is great. The value is in the fact that I just have a lot of memories of him; one of my favorites as a kid. He was the first player I truly followed and understood who he was off the court (read articles, watched interviews, etc). He was a very good player on a bad team. He was also an important part of the city, good and bad (he was a leader after Lewis passed away, and was also arrested by racists cops in a racial profiling issue). It is a card about slam dunks and they artfully captured one of the more iconic images from the slam dunk contest. I just really feel Panini hit a home run with this one.
[Image: 0150837F-E823-4FE5-A4D9-FE0A0852C1CE_zpslj7xk2wd.jpg]
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

RE: A new auto, it's inexpensive, but absolutely one of my favorites
Awesome Adds man! I am completely with you on that Dee Brown! That card is awesome!!!! I think Panini got the new Intrigue stuff right from what I can see.The cards are very clean and feature some sweet fresh new photo's.Congrats on the nice new additions man.
[Image: PennyBannerFinal.gif]

Awesome Dee Brown auto. Definitely the most iconic image of him.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Nice additions man. Dee Brown was in the post-Reggie, pre-Antoine/Pierce period in Celtics lore. It is often not spoken of but Dee Brown could ball. I remember him and for some reason Dana Barros comes to mind. I am not sure why.

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

Great stuff man. I really like Intrigue, I picked up like 2 copies of every Tristan lol. I thought you didn't like Kelly?
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone.

(05-13-2014, 05:21 AM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: Nice additions man. Dee Brown was in the post-Reggie, pre-Antoine/Pierce period in Celtics lore. It is often not spoken of but Dee Brown could ball. I remember him and for some reason Dana Barros comes to mind. I am not sure why.
Dana Barros should come to mind. He went to high school in Westwood, MA, attended BC, and then eventually came to the C's in the mid-90's. I believe he even made an all-star game or two. My first ever Celtics game was a game against Zo and the Miami heat in which Barros was clutch. I'll never forget watching him hit several key threes to stop every Miam run in the fourth and eventually hit the game winner at the buzzer! I feel like he might have hit a jumper to send it into OT and then the game winner, but that might not be accurate.

P.S. Don't forget about Dino, he was the third member of that crew.
(05-13-2014, 10:12 AM)TBarn291 Wrote: Great stuff man. I really like Intrigue, I picked up like 2 copies of every Tristan lol. I thought you didn't like Kelly?
I don't like Olynyk, but I won a card from a seller who had a few Celtics cards so I placed a minimum bid to grab them with combined shipping and those two memorabilia cards are what I won. He had a better season than I thought he would. The first few months he looked like he had never been on a basketball court. He can shoot, but often he looks like he has no idea where to be or where to go. It gets ugly, but he showed good growth. I think he can develop into a Jared Dudley (high energy, smart, good team mate) type player though.
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

Wow! Love the X-man and Dee Brown Auto's. I want to get both of those cards in my PC. Very nice additions!
-Aries
The Zodiac Collection
Boston Celtics Auto's Past & Present Super Collector
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156376773@...0713393666

awesome dee brown card. i read that he thought up the no-look-dunk on the fly during the contest. is his 91 skybox card the only other with that picture?

I appreciate collectors that go after a player for the reasons you do, SHowley2003. I'm the same way with a few people. I have an appreciation for the person on the cards that goes beyond sports that makes the cards worth a lot more to me than the $1-$10 I can buy them for. It's easy to collect "popular" players, but they may have dozens of RCs and 100+ cards that come out each year. The ones that matter only to us, however, are actually collectible. I may trade and get 15 cards of athletes or writers I like for one card of a player everyone else likes. That's a win/win. If I pull a sweet card of Mr. James, I get excited like so many other people, but I'm happy because I know I'll be trading it for multiple people from all sports (and some non-sports) that fill in my PC blanks.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Great additions!

Mike
[Image: new-york-skyline-day-panorama_zps1b18efc9.jpg]

Collects NY Yankees, NY Jets, NY Knicks, NY Islanders and NJ Devils as well as players in signature