`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Day one of draft

Day one of draft
So, is everybody happy with who their teams picked up in the first round? I was surprised Clinton-Dix was still available to the Packers, to be honest. I wasn't surprised that the Browns didn't take Manziel with their first pick, but then it did surprise me that they picked him up with their second! Kind of surprised that the Vikings went all out and got Bridgewater. He may not make an instant impact, but I think he's definitely an upgrade to Cassel and Ponder.

RE: Day one of draft
i hope Sammy Watkins pans out.. id hate to see talent drown in Buffalo.. but im excited to have a playmaker on the squad! look to see stevie traded today for an extra pick or 2 I think
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

Just happy Ryan Shazier landed in Pittsburgh. Double pc for me! Boom!

Now only if Carlos Hyde can stay out of Cleveland on day two, I'll be happy lol
Eddie George Super Collector

I agree...I wanted the Safety Cards got, Deone Bucannon (sp?), but Dix still sitting there was crazy. Lots of surprises. I think Texans are crying seeing Bridgewater go just before them...no way they pick another Carr, and the rest of the QB's are definitely projects. I feel sorry for Bortles...Jags have little to offer him.

(05-09-2014, 10:28 AM)savagenate Wrote: I feel sorry for Bortles...Jags have little to offer him.
Well, other than millions of dollars LOL Can't say I feel TOO horribly sorry for him Wink

i was sweating bullets when Manziel (aka Ryan Leaf Redux) was still available when the cowboys were picking....jerry jones is just insane enough that the rest of the front office probably had to duck tape him to something

was glad to see them get romo some protection, but im hoping they focus on defense with the next few picks

(05-09-2014, 11:57 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i was sweating bullets when Manziel (aka Ryan Leaf Redux) was still available when the cowboys were picking....jerry jones is just insane enough that the rest of the front office probably had to duck tape him to something

was glad to see them get romo some protection, but im hoping they focus on defense with the next few picks
that picture of you and your wife is awesome at Fenway

Not a fan of Buffalo's pick. If Manuel doesn't work out they don't have a #1 pick next year to fix it. There would have been other to players there at 9 and could have even traded up a couple spots without giving up next year's #1. That and I wanted Khalil Mack because he's a Buffalo guy and the weather in Buffalo I think suits a stacked defense much more than an offense. They already have Goodwin, Woods, Johnson, and Williams, and they could have snagged one of the other top WR's trading down or staying put. They might as well take Carlos Hyde since its only a matter of time before Jackson and Spiller go down and both of them are in contract years. Last year I feel they reached WAY too high for Manuel, but made up for it with later picks. Hopefully they do the same this year. Unless they get a really good offer for Johnson I wouldn't want him traded. Blah,just heard on espn as a typed this they just traded him for a fourth. Dislike it.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

I said before the draft that Cleveland would pick Manziel because that's just a totally Browns thing to do...then they went below & beyond by trading up to get him.

Was very surprised that Baltimore didn't pick Pryor when he was still available, but one of the really nice things about being a Ravens fan is that you don't really have to worry when it comes to our draft picks. Mosley may not fill a pressing need, but he's going to be a solid starter for many years to come (hopefully, all in a Ravens uniform). Now we just need a solid safety and/or offensive lineman to fall to us tonight.

(05-09-2014, 02:41 PM)Harv72b Wrote: I said before the draft that Cleveland would pick Manziel because that's just a totally Browns thing to do...then they went below & beyond by trading up to get him.

Was very surprised that Baltimore didn't pick Pryor when he was still available, but one of the really nice things about being a Ravens fan is that you don't really have to worry when it comes to our draft picks. Mosley may not fill a pressing need, but he's going to be a solid starter for many years to come (hopefully, all in a Ravens uniform). Now we just need a solid safety and/or offensive lineman to fall to us tonight.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure if the Ravens hadn't picked Mosley, that the Packers would have gotten him if he lasted to their pick. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the got Clinton-Dix, but Mosley would have been a good pick too. I think since Lewis retired, Baltimore's been searching for his replacement, so maybe they got it.