`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What do you do when you get an itch? (pack busting itch that is)

RE: What do you do when you get an itch? (pack busting itch that is)
Too late now, but for future reference, I love the Spectra. I would roll around in a huge pile of Spectra for hours if it wouldn't kill the value of the Spectra. Spectra is Love.

BUT...if you're looking for lots of pack-busting on a limited dime, along with some very interesting (if not profitable) pulls, go retro for real: you can pick up boxes of the early '90s stuff for $10, which generally nets you anywhere from 24-36 packs filled with old-time stars & current Hall of Famers. The cards themselves aren't worth the cardboard they're printed on (with a few exceptions), but it's definitely entertaining.

2013 Prizm is on sale on DACW as well, and I've enjoyed opening (too many) boxes of that. Nice parallels, some fun inserts, and a decent number of autos...you just have to put up with that HRX card in each pack.

At any rate, good luck with the Leaf!

(04-24-2014, 11:10 AM)Harv72b Wrote: Too late now, but for future reference, I love the Spectra. I would roll around in a huge pile of Spectra for hours if it wouldn't kill the value of the Spectra. Spectra is Love.

BUT...if you're looking for lots of pack-busting on a limited dime, along with some very interesting (if not profitable) pulls, go retro for real: you can pick up boxes of the early '90s stuff for $10, which generally nets you anywhere from 24-36 packs filled with old-time stars & current Hall of Famers. The cards themselves aren't worth the cardboard they're printed on (with a few exceptions), but it's definitely entertaining.

2013 Prizm is on sale on DACW as well, and I've enjoyed opening (too many) boxes of that. Nice parallels, some fun inserts, and a decent number of autos...you just have to put up with that HRX card in each pack.

At any rate, good luck with the Leaf!
Yeah, we'll see how this unopened Leaf box goes. I watched a couple breaks before lunch of it, and it had some pretty good hits in the few that I saw... Well, and a few that weren't all that great. There was a Matt Forte RC auto in one, and a Kaepernick Contenders auto in another. And the cut autos were pretty slick too, one of them had a Namath, and there were several other HOF guys like Adderley. But, we'll see, I guess Smile This actually is kind of a cool concept. Each of those boxes that they picked for these boxes runs around the cost of the box or more (there was at least one 2005 Exquisite box in the mix!!) and having the possibility to maybe get an Aaron Rodgers RC auto along with a cool cut auto makes it very interesting (I know, I know, the chances are REALLY against me hitting one of those!). At the very least, hopefully I get a really good card to trade to someone on here Smile

I was thinking about doing a couple of box from steelcity myself. I was thinking (2) spx or maybe three. Hope you pull something good. Once again I can't thank you enough for your help with my students. They are enjoying the cards. I am even letting them take some home so they can have some at home as rewards for great work they do.
I collect these three guys. I teach life skills class for kids and can always use free cards for them.

[Image: cox3.png]

(04-24-2014, 12:34 PM)cox1781 Wrote: I was thinking about doing a couple of box from steelcity myself. I was thinking (2) spx or maybe three. Hope you pull something good. Once again I can't thank you enough for your help with my students. They are enjoying the cards. I am even letting them take some home so they can have some at home as rewards for great work they do.
Yeah, I'm hoping for something nice. Doesn't have to be super rare, although I would freak out if the cut auto was a Lombardi Smile Oh, and I'll have some base for you in the near future. I've got a stack still from the last time that wouldn't fit in the box, and have some Magic base and some more Prizm base that I've gotten recently. I've got something else to get in the mail, so I should probably take care of both of them at the same time...

I usually open older products when i get the itch.

Take this for example.That stuff has very few HUGE hits, but it has a lot of nice mid end hits.

I guess maybe I am partial because I pulled this out of it.

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv53/...4776_n.jpg

http://www.atlsportscards.com/2010-topps...ox-pr-2017

Scratched that itch:

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1559215.html