IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
R.I.P. The Ultimate Warrior 1959-2014

R.I.P. The Ultimate Warrior 1959-2014
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbLZ9lx-e5w

http://www.wwe.com/inside/ultimate-warri...y-26223975

He was inducted to the WWE Hall of Fame on Saturday, April 5th, appeared at WrestleMania xXx on Sunday, April 6th and dropped a promo at RAW on Monday, April 7th that will echo in the halls of the wrestling world for years to come and will be etched in the minds of long-time wrestling fans until the day themselves, "beat their final heartbeat and breathe their final breath". On Raw he said,

"No WWF/E talent becomes a legend on their own. Every man's heart one day beat's it's final beat. His lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them bleed deeper in something larger than life. Then his essence, his spirit will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory of those who honor him and make the running the man did live forever. You! You! You! You! You! YOU ARE! the legend makers of Ultimate Warrior. In the back, I see many potential legends some of them with Warrior spirits. And you will do the same for them. You will decide if they live with the passion and intensity. So much so that you will tell your stories and you will make them legends as well. I am Ultimate Warrior. You are the Ultimate Warrior fans and the spirit of Ultimate Warrior will RUN FOREVER."

................................................................................................................................... - The Ultimate Warrior
................................................................................................................................(Monday Night Raw - 4/7/14)

As surreal as all of this sounds it is not a work but the harsh reality of life. This is just another reminder to us all that we are fragile human beings and when the grim reaper "comes to collect" you are tragically ripped away from your loved ones. Life is just too short for the shenanigans. Live and let live..

My favorite Warrior match would have to be when he unequivocally squashed Hunter Hearst Helmsley at Wrestlema....haha, just kidding! Seriously, my favorite match would be when he challenged "Macho Man" Randy Savage for the WWF Championship at the 1992 SummerSlam at Wembley Stadium in London, England. It should be noted that the late Mr. Perfect (along with Ric Flair) played a role during this match. Looking back now at the end of their match is a fabulous image that I'll never forget. After having yet another hellacious battle, Macho Man & Warrior embrace with the title they were fighting to win or fighting to keep between them. An unforgettable imagine in my book.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7p62x...o1_500.jpg

Another part of my childhood dying/fading away but more significantly a husband lost to a wife and a father to two young girls.

Rest in peace, Warrior. We will "Always Believe" and always remember you. Thank you for the memories.
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

RE: R.I.P. The Ultimate Warrior 1959-2014
Professionally - it was nice to see him have his moment (even thou he tore ppl down in his speech)

But politically - He will NOT be missed

I started to feel sorry for him after hearing the news, but was then reminded of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1QLbAl0LUI

and this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDPfGr1VYlg

so yeaaaaaaa...........not someone I feel bad for not adding his autograph card in my collection.

(04-10-2014, 05:20 AM)creativemunky Wrote: Professionally - it was nice to see him have his moment (even thou he tore ppl down in his speech)

But politically - He will NOT be missed

I started to feel sorry for him after hearing the news, but was then reminded of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1QLbAl0LUI

and this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDPfGr1VYlg

so yeaaaaaaa...........not someone I feel bad for not adding his autograph card in my collection.
Yeah cause when people think Ultimate Warrior they immediately think of his politics. Regardless of his views the guy entertained millions of people and those millions loved him for it. Do I agree with his views? No. I do agree that he has the right to express them. The guy is far from perfect, but maybe show a little class and not piss on a man who literally just died and left a wife and 2 young kids behind.

(04-10-2014, 09:13 AM)phillies816 Wrote: Yeah cause when people think Ultimate Warrior they immediately think of his politics. Regardless of his views the guy entertained millions of people and those millions loved him for it. Do I agree with his views? No. I do agree that he has the right to express them. The guy is far from perfect, but maybe show a little class and not piss on a man who literally just died and left a wife and 2 young kids behind.
+1, I agree.
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

Would love to hear how I "pissed on a guy that just died" since I never said anything negative other than politically he will not be missed by me and that I'm not dissappointed to add him to my collection.

I never said he was right or wrong nor did I express any need that he could not express his opinions. I just stated why I won't miss him and presented the evidence to fulfill my point.

He said it himself about what he does echoes in eternity, and since the last time he actually wrestled on tv was 1998, when I think Warrior those (videos) are the examples I think of.

@creativemunky

No offense man but I didn't make the "Ultimate Warrior Tribute" thread to start a "back-and-forth" on politics or what have you. I'm fine with your opinion and views of the man because you are entitled to them just as I myself am or anybody else here is. Nobody made a thread about his passing and I took the time out of pure love to write some thoughts and provide some links about him.

If you want to have a debate about Warrior's politics or whatever else then why not make your own thread and start a discussion about it? It doesn't cost you anything to start a new thread on here. I don't appreciate you trying to derail or hijack a tribute thread I made for a man who just died that entertained us all.

I've said my peace and that is all I ever wanted to begin with. Thank you.

Wasn't trying to hijack the thread, but when someone made an accusation at me and you approved it (+1) then I felt the need to reply.

Yes, Warrior the character entertained us all as kids.
But that doesn't change who Jim Hellwig was as a person.
FACTS are was he was not a well liked person and there were valid reasons about that.
Politics aside these are facts:
1. Holding up a PPV (SummerSlam 1991) for more money to perform
2: He was the one who injured Bobby Heenan who still suffers from the neck injury Warrior never apologized for.
3: not a good worker and most wrestlers hated working with him.

As far as the vids I'm assuming no one watched the examples because the second one was about the fight him and Hogan had following Randy Savage's death (not political).

As far as the politics go, it very relevant as after his short wrestling career he became a political speaker as his profession. His view speak about him as a person, not Warrior the character.

Like I said, professionally it was nice to see him have his moment in front of his family. I just wish his induction speech didn't include so much negativity mentioning the DVD several times and asking Vince if the HOF check would bounce.
I'll leave it at that.

RIP Warrior.

I do apologize for being overly dramatic and saying you pissed on him. It was more a timing thing. It was too soon in my opinion. The guy wasn't perfect but I've always preferred to just not say anything negative soon after someone dies unless they were truly a scumbag like a rapist, murderer...I have rarely been as happy with wrestling as I was Saturday, Sunday, and Monday watching him be where he belongs. I woke up Wednesday to see he died and have been shocked since. You hit a nerve and I reacted. I will dispute your facts about the Summerslam 1991 story and say no one really knows what happened there. The 3 main people involved were Warrior, Vince, and Hogan and quite frankly I don't know who to believe. Here is a link for a letter supposedly written to Vince from the Warrior a couple months before the Summerslam 91 PPV.
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014...ndex.shtml
The Bobby Heenan injury he should have apologized for but I don't hold it against Warrior. Owen Hart never apologized to Stone Cold for almost paralyzing and shortening his career and I had no big problem with that either. I can't argue over your 3rd point. Sorry for hijacking the thread.
[Image: warriorrip_zpsa8fe1a83.jpg]

I was like 10 years old when my dad took me took a WWF match in Lansing, Mich. ... he was known as the Dingo Warrior then, and was one of the first matches on the card!

But what I remember most about that night was when the Iron Sheik was walking toward the ring. Our seats were near the aisle and I booed really loud ... he looked right at me and growled, and I was so scared I almost crapped myself, LOL.

Ah, good times, thanks for the thread ... I think I actually have some of those Classic cards somewhere, pretty sure I have a Warrior!
And one other thing ... I was pretty amazed and disappointed that Taker's streak ended with Lesnar.

I mean, Lesnar?

Is he actually going to stick around this time?

I realize that Taker can't wrestle forever, but to me, his streak would have meant a lot more if he retired undefeated.

I just don't see the positive of working the angle that way on the show.

(04-11-2014, 06:51 PM)phillies816 Wrote: The Bobby Heenan injury he should have apologized for but I don't hold it against Warrior. Owen Hart never apologized to Stone Cold for almost paralyzing and shortening his career and I had no big problem with that either. I can't argue over your 3rd point.

I was actually thinking about that as I typed it about Warrior/Heenan.
I just listened to Stone Cold talk about that on his podcast.

Glad to see you enjoyed him have his moment. I was actually happy for Jake, that guy had ALOT of baggage as well and to see him finally get the nod and a second chance (even thou the things he has done and said as well) was nice. Good to see DDP helping out some people.
I did see people calling this HOF class the "Redemption" Class.

But lets face it........next year, we all know who the headliner is already.

Undertaker.