`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
W: eBay buying thoughts

W: eBay buying thoughts
Two questions here for you on your thoughts on what you would do.

First question:
I bought an eBay lot for 3 cards. 2 were Dorsey Levens autographs (one booking for around 50 bucks) and 1 Ahman Green jersey card. I really don't care much about the jersey card (~ 8 bucks), the reason I bought the lot was for the 2 autos. Now, I knew he was going to send PWE since the shipping was marked at .50. So, I almost expected that the jersey card would be creased, but for the price of the lot, getting the two autos was worth possibly having a creased card. Anyhow, got them today, and the jersey card was creased up, but the two autos are ok. Would you give positive feedback when you knew that the jersey card was probably going to get bent up, and bought it anyway since you wanted the autos? I'm thinking that I will, but thoughts would help me decide.

Second question:
I got an absolute deal on a 2012 Prizm Jordy Nelson Gold (IMO) the other day. Now, the guy had shipping at 16.50 marked as "overnight", and that the card would be shipped within 2 days of the end of the auction. I won that over a week ago, and it was sent out on the 31st. The tracking still has it marked as en route.... Anyhow, the PO screwing up aside, if I get this sometime in the near future, I'll still be happy, since I definitely needed it for my 2012 Prizm rainbow, but would I ding in the ratings shipping time and/or cost since the auction ended on the 24th of March and it's still not here yet? Do I leave a neutral? I don't think it warrants a negative (since I will still be happy just to get it for the price I paid), but I've not had an experience where it wasn't a clear cut positive or negative experience.

Thanks for any input you guys may have.

RE: W: eBay buying thoughts
For the first guy, I'd probably leave positive, but put in the comments section about bad shipping protection and the creased card.
The second guy I would email and express the displeasure of the shipping delay, and ask that he refund your shipping money down to at least a USPS First class price, and then leave good feedback if he does. If he won't give you a break, I'd either leave positive with no stars for shipping, or neutral...But after you have the card in hand lol. That's a ridiculous amount to pay for shipping when it takes longer than a week to get to you lol.

1st question - Should have never used PWE. Ask for a partial refund since the jersey card was ruined. Even tho I hate partials its better than losing the 2 autos. Burn PWE shippers at the stake!

2nd question - Is he international? If he's domestic you should have never paid that much for shipping, and if he didnt follow his own guidelines then message him and ding.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(04-04-2014, 07:26 PM)branesergen Wrote: 1st question - Should have never used PWE. Ask for a partial refund since the jersey card was ruined. Even tho I hate partials its better than losing the 2 autos. Burn PWE shippers at the stake!
I disagree with this, as he stated, he knew he would be getting a PWE, since the shipping cost was only .50 cents. and the he expected the Jersey card to be creased, so it wasn't like he was going into this blind, so the first seller deserves Positive feedback, and a note via pm from the buyer giving him/her some helpful advice on how to pack the merchandise more protectively.

As for the comment about burning PWE shippers at the stake, that is totally uncalled for, while I myself have never, ever mailed in a PWE, I do know a lot of good traders that do, due to financial constraints, and their goods are always well protected.

Besides there may come a time when you have to start shipping PWE, so does that mean you want us to burn you at the stake as well? Wink

The problem shippers are like the second guy the OMP mentioned, they charge outrageous shipping costs, then the merchandise is shipped PWE, those are the people that deserve to be banned and black listed.

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

Meh I shouldnt be so harsh. I dont really get upset if they are in PWE. Just dont like it when others are ruined when it could have been avoided.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

Unless the first guy *stated* he was going to send PWE in the auction I'd leave neutral. When I see free shipping (even on smaller purchases) I expect the seller to package the item safely unless otherwise specified.

I bought a patch from a guy that charged $2.30 for shipping, sent it in a PWE wrapped in packing tape. The card was taped on four side between two pieces of cardboard. Left neutral and recommended he reconsider his packaging. I know that package wasn't more than $1.93 to ship, which leaves plenty of room for a mailer, if he's economical, and *at least* a top loader.

There can never be too many "snorting cocaine off of strippers" references — only one better is when someone mentions getting kicked in the junk.

PWE are jokes so maybe a drop in shipping rating. And 2, if it was marked overnight, shipped in 2 days, than yeah 0/5 stars for shipping. You should have it!

butter: I only paid like .50 for shipping, so I'm not upset about the shipping costs. Actually, the two cards I wanted were the autos, I really didn't care about the jersey card anyway.

Anyhow, I went ahead and gave feedback for the lot, and gave him a positive. I also sent him a message saying that I was happy with the transaction, but had I been specifically buying for the jersey card, I would not have been.

As to the other fellow, I finally got the Prizm gold this morning. The envelope looked eaten by a machine, but thankfully the card is pristine. I gave the guy positive feedback, but dinged him on the communication and the shipping costs. I looked at his feedback before posting, and someone gave him a neutral for exactly the same thing. I got it, and it's in good condition, and I got it for a better price for what I could have with another seller, so overall I'm happy... But, had he sent overnight like he put in the auction, I wouldn't have had to wait extra because the mail machine wouldn't have eaten the envelope (I would think).... Figured I'd update you all on it Smile

When do we get a pic?!