`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My ongoing 56 topps thread

RE: My ongoing 56 topps thread
Another Saturday pickup, we are getting there!
[Image: imagejpg1_zps191ab273.jpg]

Now...I want some opinions...this set has a LOT of variations....should I try to get them all...or just focus on the core set?
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Congrats on the recent pickups. You mentioned earlier that you were going to upgrade when you could on the condition of the cards, perhaps focus on completing the set, but be on the look out for picking up the variations if they present themselves as "can't pass ups." Then when you are in the upgrading mode, look into completing the variations as well. At least at that point you will have the completed base set.
Collecting the following players:
Steve Garvey (177 different cards) --Willie McCovey (168 different cards) --Will Clark (199 different cards) --Mel Ott (132 different cards) --Willie Mays (28 different cards)
=Currently collecting vintage tobacco and tea cards as well as Topps Allen and Ginter=

(04-06-2014, 12:06 AM)anhaga68 Wrote: Congrats on the recent pickups. You mentioned earlier that you were going to upgrade when you could on the condition of the cards, perhaps focus on completing the set, but be on the look out for picking up the variations if they present themselves as "can't pass ups." Then when you are in the upgrading mode, look into completing the variations as well. At least at that point you will have the completed base set.
That's what I was going with. Given how stupid most of the variations are, I'll probably get a lot of them by accident lol that's what happened with the Clemente lol
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75