`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Finally have my card office set up! pics

Finally have my card office set up! pics
So, we've been in the process of moving from my apartment in Dorchester out to Cyrus' condo in Waltham. Still a ways to go but one of my priorities has been getting my own space set up at Cy's place (which is about half the size of the apartment and was already full of Cy's things)
Just thought I'd share
[Image: 20140401_192353_zpseiqrys9v.jpg]
[Image: 20140401_192338_zpsslumzsen.jpg]

And this is my wall display, I love moving, it really forced me to change this up
[Image: 20140401_192423_zpsg6ede3i5.jpg]
[Image: 20140401_192433_zpsg0pvcxoq.jpg]

And as always, looking to do more trades for mini's to fill my sets
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

RE: Finally have my card office set up! pics
Nice set up man!! Well done.

Wow! that's a lot of cards! Are all those boxes in the back full of cards?
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

Very impressive! .... And you're not even finished yet, right?
I'm amazed how some people can be organized, ... and then there's me and my Chaos. My collection is all over the place. I don't have the time to arrange my cards into any semblance of anything that resembles ORGANIZED! I do try ... And fail repeatedly! I'm worried that my wife will call up that Hoarders Show and one day I'll come home to an intervention and my cards will be in a dumpster Sad
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Nice looking collection, am I seeing some "original" (1800's) Allen and Ginters mixed in your displayer? Also, did you make that displayer yourself? Trying to get some ideas for displaying some of my cards.
Collecting the following players:
Steve Garvey (177 different cards) --Willie McCovey (168 different cards) --Will Clark (199 different cards) --Mel Ott (132 different cards) --Willie Mays (28 different cards)
=Currently collecting vintage tobacco and tea cards as well as Topps Allen and Ginter=

(04-04-2014, 12:21 AM)anhaga68 Wrote: Nice looking collection, am I seeing some "original" (1800's) Allen and Ginters mixed in your displayer? Also, did you make that displayer yourself? Trying to get some ideas for displaying some of my cards.
Yep, I have a bunch of the Flags of All Nations and a few other random original A&G's. Most of the non-sports one's can be had for less than the price of a pack of cards.
I didn;t build my display, a friends father made it for me many years ago. If I had made it I would certainly have an odd number of fingers.
The boxes in the back are not cards, however, if I had all my boxes here the pile would be higher than those. I really need to figure a way to get rid of some of the filler junk that no one would ever want.

(04-04-2014, 05:58 AM)petesahuttt Wrote: I really need to figure a way to get rid of some of the filler junk that no one would ever want.
Hold onto them, Pete. In case there is an oil shortage next winter, you can sell them for kindling Smile that's the only time my cards from the late 80s early 90s will 'go up' in value ... It'll be when they 'go up' in smoke Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

looks great, I hope one day to be able to set up like that most of mine are in monster (5000 ct) boxes stuck in a closet, the pc cards are just getting into binders so I can view them

Holy cow you have a ton of cards! I have one 5,000 count box and 3 binders lol.
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

I grabbed a bunch of the boxes today from the old place, still have about 30 more monsters in the basement that I have no clue where I will put.
[Image: 20140404_132830_zpscqh1ftq3.jpg]