`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Packers Fan Thread

RE: Packers Fan Thread
(02-26-2015, 10:54 AM)savagenate Wrote: I've been yelling for them to get rid of Jones and Hawk for 3 years now...I'm glad it finally happened! Hawk was a great tackler, but he sucked in coverage, and got beat like a drum. Jones wasn't that good at anything. Barrington taking Jones place gives the Pack another thumper in the middle, but they need to find a faster, more athletic guy, who can tackle and cover. I really hope they resign Cobb. He's such a big part of what they do. I hope they resign Bulaga too, but I think Barclay could handle RT if they don't. I would guess Thompson would splurge on FA. Peppers is making too much for them to add an Orakpo or Justin Houston type player. They could potentially make a run at a CB or a D-lineman, but there aren't really that many out there, big names anyways.
Yeah, I don't see them going for many FA's. They typically try to resign the guys that are worth resigning from their own roster before going out on the FA market. The best FA's on the market right now are Packers FA's (at least to the Packers), so their focus is definitely resigning their own big name guys. Cobb apparently is going to test the market (http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2015/2/26/8114313/packers-allow-randall-cobb-test-market-bryan-bulaga-letroy-guion) so it's possible he's gone. Bulaga is probably a sure signing, and Guion they apparently want to keep as well. Kuhn they probably will get for little money, Raji I think is gone (IMO). Tramon, Flynn, and House I think will all re-sign as well as they are pretty key guys.

Then, if there is money left over, they may go for a second tier FA.