`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Thanks a lot, USPS....Hope this has a happy ending

Thanks a lot, USPS....Hope this has a happy ending
Lately this year, I've had quite a few problems with items not arriving from the bay. Three to be exact. Didn't make too much of a deal about them as they were mostly dollar cards. This however has me steamed!
[Image: landry_zpsb2a5974a.jpg]
Bought this card and it was not cheap. USPS tracking says it was delivered 3/17/14, which was St. Patrick's Day. Where it was delivered to, I have no clue because it's the 20th and I haven't seen it yet. According to ebay it was delivered around 3:00 pm. According to the bay, 5:00 pm. I have put out a few signs where I live asking if anyone got a package for me by mistake. I'm also scanning the bay and Beckett to see if perhaps the person who has my package decided to sell it. Ive also been in contact with the closest card shops in the area to keep a lookout for it. Tomorrow, the post office is going to get a visit from me.
I'm trying to contact the seller to see if he in fact insured the package. It's common practice for me to do so when I sell high dollar items, as it protects me and my buyer, but not everyone does it.This is clearly the postal carrier's fault, but this is the last thing I needed after the luck I've had with them since the beginning of this year.
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

RE: Thanks a lot, USPS....Hope this has a happy ending
I wouldn't be sitting around waiting on a miracle. I would have been to the Post Office as soon as it showed delivered. If you waited a few days, then you are SOL, it isn't the sellers fault if he put tracking on it and it shows delivered. You need to physically print the info that the item was delivered, and then take it to the Post Office and file a complaint.If your lucky, it was insured. If it wasn't, it isn't the sellers fault. I had a similar issue, but I had contacted the Post Office and they were able to get a hold of the other Post Office and got my package. Pretty sad that they can't read a tracking number. I wish you the best.
(03-20-2014, 08:10 PM)duch2izback Wrote: Lately this year, I've had quite a few problems with items not arriving from the bay. Three to be exact. Didn't make too much of a deal about them as they were mostly dollar cards. This however has me steamed!
[Image: landry_zpsb2a5974a.jpg]
Bought this card and it was not cheap. USPS tracking says it was delivered 3/17/14, which was St. Patrick's Day. Where it was delivered to, I have no clue because it's the 20th and I haven't seen it yet. According to ebay it was delivered around 3:00 pm. According to the bay, 5:00 pm. I have put out a few signs where I live asking if anyone got a package for me by mistake. I'm also scanning the bay and Beckett to see if perhaps the person who has my package decided to sell it. Ive also been in contact with the closest card shops in the area to keep a lookout for it. Tomorrow, the post office is going to get a visit from me.
I'm trying to contact the seller to see if he in fact insured the package. It's common practice for me to do so when I sell high dollar items, as it protects me and my buyer, but not everyone does it.This is clearly the postal carrier's fault, but this is the last thing I needed after the luck I've had with them since the beginning of this year.
Quinton Patton's GU and Autos

Hopefully will have a good ending. I had one really bad like this. I got a hold of our postal carrier and he actually tracked it down. Got it 2 weeks after it said delivered. Was put on the wrong truck and got scanned delivered by mistake. Go down and talk to the post master, best way to try and locate it.
[Image: mooncricket916.jpg]

(03-20-2014, 08:34 PM)jywilli69 Wrote: I wouldn't be sitting around waiting on a miracle. I would have been to the Post Office as soon as it showed delivered. If you waited a few days, then you are SOL, it isn't the sellers fault if he put tracking on it and it shows delivered. You need to physically print the info that the item was delivered, and then take it to the Post Office and file a complaint.If your lucky, it was insured. If it wasn't, it isn't the sellers fault. I had a similar issue, but I had contacted the Post Office and they were able to get a hold of the other Post Office and got my package. Pretty sad that they can't read a tracking number. I wish you the best.
I don't think duch2izback has been sitting around waiting. Sounds like he's done a lot to try and locate his card. No where in his post does he blame this mishap on the seller. He said he feels it's the postal carrier's fault.

I both buy and sell on Ebay, and my feeling's as a seller is that if you want to make sure 100% that your customer will get there card in there hands and your not at fault is to do signature confirmation. If there is no one home to sign. The carrier with leave a slip. Then they will have to go to the PO, show ID, sign, and they will put it in your hands.

I few years ago I had about 5 package stolen from my Dad's mailbox. A neighbor saw them tearing the bubble mailers open, and confronted them. They dropped some of the mail, and took off running. They were not caught. I went to the PO the next day, and talked to the Post Master. She told me that once it's in the mailbox they are not responsible anymore. Even if it was insured. I lost out on a few hundred dollars worth of cards. After this happened I decided to have my stuff shipped to a different location. If the package has any significant value I want to sign for it. I haven't had a problem since.

Hopefully duch2izback you will get your card, and then find another way to guarantee that you will get everyone after that.
[Image: ZZZBearsBanner1.jpg]
Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher Supercollector

I had a similar issue myself, I was proactive on getting my card. I keep an eye out on all my deals either on the trade sites or Ebay. I was lucky enough to find my package was sent to the wrong state and I notified the Post Office, which they intercepted the package. I didn't say he was sitting around literally. I was just saying get in touch with the Post Office. When my package went missing I printed everything off to have proof that they had messed up. For me, it worked out. When I was selling on Ebay, I gave the customers the option to purchase Insurance if they wanted it. I always do tracking, that way I know it got where it needs to be. Some random stuff happens from time to time. Plus there are some people who would say they never recieved their stuff, when they did. Not saying this is the case. It is a bum deal for everyone. I hope who ever recieves the package, returns it. It would be a bad day to swallow a loss like that.

It might not be the postal carrier's fault. If your seller has poor handwriting, it could be somewhere else in town. Carriers aren't mind readers, but they do what they can.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

That is possible, but when tracking is a label based off zipcode, it is hard to mess up. My issue I had, I contacted the complaint line, the lady was ablle to look up the item from the tracking number. It showed out for delivery in Wyoming. She said from all the info, it was suppose to be in Colorado. It should have been caught when it arrived at the Post Office, but they didn't catch it. My mail man puts mail in my mail box all the time with other people mail. I just take it to where it suppose to go and it is all good. Usually when they can't read it, they ask questions. It is sad when the mail man or woman can't read. I feel bad for the buyer and seller. If I was selling the card, the buyer would be paying for the insurance if it is a high dollar card. I am just glad I have never had that issue as a seller.
(03-21-2014, 04:28 PM)jonathani Wrote: It might not be the postal carrier's fault. If your seller has poor handwriting, it could be somewhere else in town. Carriers aren't mind readers, but they do what they can.