`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Was this as good of a deal as I thought it was?

Was this as good of a deal as I thought it was?
Hi,

I got this on a Best Offer of $75 with free shipping.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281295380953?ssP...1439.l2649
I haven't seen one in an auction setting in a while. It looks like its centered well too. Was this a good buy at $75?

RE: Was this as good of a deal as I thought it was?
I think that's a pretty good buy. I've paid $85-100+ for the same card when Verlander values were at their peak (in 2012). I think he'll have a good season this year which should bode well for his collectors.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Thanks I wasn't 100% sure what to think....I know before last season they were selling in the $120 range and then he was kinda hurt all year until the playoffs. But I am happy with the buy for sure.
(03-29-2014, 10:41 AM)uvaspina Wrote: I think that's a pretty good buy. I've paid $85-100+ for the same card when Verlander values were at their peak (in 2012). I think he'll have a good season this year which should bode well for his collectors.

(03-29-2014, 09:54 AM)joba the clark Wrote: Hi,

I got this on a Best Offer of $75 with free shipping.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281295380953?ssP...1439.l2649
I haven't seen one in an auction setting in a while. It looks like its centered well too. Was this a good buy at $75?
Beckett's OPG says it's book value is MOD EDIT: Please do NOT post BV's on the board ....you paid $75 for it....anything below book value is a great deal Smile
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

Yeah man Id say you did good =)

It is a good deal for me. I would have paid 75 for that card without thinking it twice.

(03-29-2014, 02:50 PM)franciscomarina Wrote: It is a good deal for me. I would have paid 75 for that card without thinking it twice.
Me too! I'm going to be on the lookout now!

It amazes me how affordable vet superstars can be sometimes in comparison to prospects who haven't even cracked AA yet.

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Yea sweet card , I would def pay that!
Congrats!
[Image: OKimtze.png]

Nice pickup!

(03-29-2014, 05:01 PM)petillo64 Wrote: Me too! I'm going to be on the lookout now!
It amazes me how affordable vet superstars can be sometimes in comparison to prospects who haven't even cracked AA yet.
Great point! Totally agree!
Congrats on a great buy! Great price for a future HOF'er.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.