Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013-14 hockey card assistance

2013-14 hockey card assistance
Hello Everyone,

To start off due to financial constraints and difficult times with a job change I've not been able to really jump into hardly any of the 2013-14 hockey products this year. In the last year, I moved from Alabama to Buffalo and back to Alabama, so it's been challenging times and the long move for the job did not work out unfortunately. I love collecting in general and love hockey products even before moving to Buffalo although in Alabama it hardly exists due to being football insane here and the extremely hot weather it seems most of the year. I did get to follow a lot of hockey on TV while in Buffalo and lived right up the street downtown from the Niagara Center where the Sabres play. Of course, that team is beyond awful this season but the town is hockey insane just like we are football insane down here. I was literally a stones throw 10 minutes from the Canadian border Up until this year, I had collected tons of hockey cards especially in the last 3-4 years. My favorite product and best bang for the buck in my opinion had been Black Diamond. I did purchase a hobby box of that product for this year maybe 3 months ago. Right now, I'm itching to get something new and I've wanted to get a box of the 2013-14 UD series one for some time now. Of course, now series two is out so it's an option, too. I prob won't be able to get much in the time being, but I'd appreciate any feedback from you guys (or y'all...j/k) to see what you recommend from this season. Would you go with the UD series I or maybe even II or something totally different? When I was buying a lot of hockey in the years prior I would purchase prob 5-7 different products each year and some several times over like the Black Diamond. I even really like the less expensive Score product and still have a couple or three unopened hobby boxes from 2011-12. It seems for what they cost, you can really still pull some gems from those. Anyway, sorry to be lengthy but I've been debating this and want to make the right move since I have limited funds to spend on the hobby and would greatly appreciate any advice you can give me.

If you have any questions of me, please do not hesitate to ask.

Take care and Go Sabres/Roll Tide!

- Law

RE: 2013-14 hockey card assistance
I always go for the upper deck series 1 and 2

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

ud series 1 should be the pick

I prefer UD, also, but really like this year's O-Pee-Chee and Score.

I enjoyed the UD series 1 I opened. I just busted two boxes of Black Diamond, was fun but didn't pull anything too exciting. I recently did two SPx, and was very happy with what I pulled. I've done 4-5 Artifacts this year as well, and pulled really nice patches and some really low numbered stuff, and had a blast with it! The only disappointments I've had busting recently were two boxes of SPGU, just didn't pull anything cool at all, and a tried a box of Enforcers II , and believe me there are very few people that love hockey fights and tough guys and celebrate people like Dave Manson as much as I do, and I just pulled a bunch of cards of dudes I've never heard of, and really bland jersey cards, which I was a bit disappointed with for the $70 or whatever it was for the pack.

Collecting Kirk McLean - Todd Bertuzzi - Scott Stevens
[Image: bbbert.png]

I really liked the Artifacts, also, except that the centering on the cards can be horrendous.

Wow!!! $70/pack that's got to be some quality stuff. Did you get any kind of jerseys or auto's or low serial numbers in those? What kind of items are obtainable? I did get an Artifacts last year and really enjoyed it and pulled a really nice exchange card. I might see what they are going for this year. Thanks!

(03-20-2014, 10:13 AM)bigbadbert44 Wrote: I enjoyed the UD series 1 I opened. I just busted two boxes of Black Diamond, was fun but didn't pull anything too exciting. I recently did two SPx, and was very happy with what I pulled. I've done 4-5 Artifacts this year as well, and pulled really nice patches and some really low numbered stuff, and had a blast with it! The only disappointments I've had busting recently were two boxes of SPGU, just didn't pull anything cool at all, and a tried a box of Enforcers II , and believe me there are very few people that love hockey fights and tough guys and celebrate people like Dave Manson as much as I do, and I just pulled a bunch of cards of dudes I've never heard of, and really bland jersey cards, which I was a bit disappointed with for the $70 or whatever it was for the pack.

There were four hard signed autos, a dual jersey, and a single jersey, and a few base/insert type cards.
I haven't looked to see what else can be pulled, but I'd imagine some nice stuff. Yeah I pulled two rookie Auto and 5 other redemption's from the Artifacts that I'm waiting on! I pulled a black auto /5 , a couple jersey/patches /15, a nice Beau Bennett rookie patch /25, and a nice Lindros jersey/patch I think out of 25 as well. Pretty fun to pull.

Collecting Kirk McLean - Todd Bertuzzi - Scott Stevens
[Image: bbbert.png]

Did you get into any of the 13-14' Score Hockey jumbo this year? I'm debating ordering a box if I can find a good price. I did not ahead and get an UD Series 1 hobby and still working through that....

Law

(03-21-2014, 09:47 AM)bigbadbert44 Wrote: There were four hard signed autos, a dual jersey, and a single jersey, and a few base/insert type cards.
I haven't looked to see what else can be pulled, but I'd imagine some nice stuff. Yeah I pulled two rookie Auto and 5 other redemption's from the Artifacts that I'm waiting on! I pulled a black auto /5 , a couple jersey/patches /15, a nice Beau Bennett rookie patch /25, and a nice Lindros jersey/patch I think out of 25 as well. Pretty fun to pull.

(04-04-2014, 10:32 PM)mlaw1992 Wrote: Did you get into any of the 13-14' Score Hockey jumbo this year? I'm debating ordering a box if I can find a good price. I did not ahead and get an UD Series 1 hobby and still working through that....

Law
I busted a box of Score and 1 jumbo pack. I believe the jumbo boxes you should get an auto or one of the 8's Jerseys..maybe both, I can't remember. Plus with Score you get a ton of RC's and parallels if you're into that aspect.
Go Avs Go!