`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Trivia-Who's got the longest/shortest name in MLB history?

Trivia-Who's got the longest/shortest name in MLB history?
First and last name, who has the longest name ever in Major League history? Who has the shortest? I know. Do you wanna guess?

Dale Long and Chris Short are not options.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

RE: Trivia-Who's got the longest/shortest name in MLB history?
I'm going to guess Jarrdo Saltalammachia for the longest name.
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]

It would be Salty...unless your considering full names? That would be Cal McLish (I think). He has like 5 middle names and a total of 45 characters or something.

Ed Hug shortest name.

Nevermind...it's Alan Mitchell Edward George Patrick Henry Gallagher (Al Gallagher).

My first thought for short names was Mel Ott, then I realized Ty Cobb also has 6 letters, so there must be a player with 5 letters or less, otherwise it would be a tie.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Theres an Ed Ott, used to play for the pirates, the longest last name salty unless your counting full names
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

I know that the longest is some spanish dude with like 45 middle names. LOL

As to Zeps 1st & last.....have to go with Jarrdo Saltalammachia (yes I copied it from an above post). I'll guess J Elk for the shortest.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

longest salty shortest ed ott

There was a Japanese pitcher with a 2 letter last name ... Fi, Ni, Ti (unless I'm thinking about elements on the periodic table Smile ) .... Something like that ... I think his first name was 2 letters, too. Not sure if he ever actually pitched in an official major league game, but I remember a Topps baseball card Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.