Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3+ years later....

3+ years later....
Hey everyone,

It's been a while since I've traded (since 2010) and I'm sure a lot has changed! How is everyone trading these days? BV to BV? Are there new rules? I want to get back into trading. I haven't added anything to my organize yet, still trying to get a feel for what the trading community is like these days.

I can't wait to hear back from you guys!

P.S. Is getting a price guide still recommended for trading?

RE: 3+ years later....
I just got back into trading myself and while most people do BV for BV, there are some that use e-bay for prices but thats usually for prospect autos. The BV for a lot of prospects are really low but they sell high on ebay so thats usually when that happens.

Welcome back to trading and whenever you get back on your feet feel free to send me an offer.
[Image: m5GDmvD.png]

Want List
- 2006 Craig Biggio SP Authentic By the Letter "B" "O"
- 1991 Topps Desert Shield Chipper Jones

Thanks for your reply Odyssey!

I'm excited to begin trading again. I just need to start narrowing down what I want to trade for (players or whole teams).

I am curious about how to determine the condition of cards. It might just be me but I feel like cards are more condition sensitive these days (ex Gold border, Target/Walmart exclusives), even during breaks online you see the card coming out the pack already with some white on the edges. As I'm scrutinizing my collection, about half of my non-white bordered cards have minor white on edges. Is there no point in listing those for trade, even under EX? It's almost to the point where you have to put every card immediately in a top loader to prevent minor upset to the card.

How do you guys handle listing cards in those conditions or do you just not bother?

Thanks in advance!
Looking for Die-Cut cards any player, any team, any sport, any year.

First off, welcome back! I was away for a year and just got back on a couple of weeks ago. Already managed a few trades.

As for listing the condition, everyone seems to do the default which is the NmMnt 8 condition. Listing mint, IMO, just screws up the BV in a trade and skews the value of the trade. I only change the condition if there is damage that would be more than just out of the pack as you mention.

That's my two cents. Hit me up when you're ready to trade again!
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Always looking for more of these guys! Let's trade!

Welcome back. Lot of new faces here in the last 3 years. I concur with what sfreinker said. Default 8 is the way to go. I know I always ask traders if the card is graded if they have it marked mint. As far as the price guide, it helps when you're not sure of the BV of the cards your trading. Let me know when you have your cards loaded and maybe we can get a trade done.

Again, welcome back,
Rob

Thank you all for your responses and the nice welcome back!

I've gotten some good advice so far. I will be sure to let everyone know when I'm up and running!

Thanks!!