`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
OT: Spring Training Prospect Watch

OT: Spring Training Prospect Watch
Since a great many of us like prospects and getting reports on guys from organization we don't follow, I thought this might be a good place to centralize some of the news/updates/etc.
Here's some early Twins propsect musings:
- Miguel Sano re-injured his throwing elbow during yesterday's intersquad game. Starting to look more and more like Tommy John surgery is going to be necessary. This is the same thing he experienced in October. They shut him down for a bit and now it's back ... not good.
- Byron Buxton got into today's spring opener and is 1-2 so far.
- Max Kepler had a couple of hits in the intersquad game yesterday and is 0-1 with a walk today.
Kepler

RE: OT: Spring Training Prospect Watch
man hate to hear that about Sano i've been looking forward to seeing him in the majors

(02-28-2014, 04:12 PM)rentzington Wrote: man hate to hear that about Sano i've been looking forward to seeing him in the majors
Tell me about it. It's been a rough three years to be a Twins fan. I'm hopeful that if he's out for the whole year, they'll try to bring Buxton and/or Meyer up at some point this season - provided they earn their shot. That way the arbitration clock doesn't start at the same time for all three, but us Twins fans still have something to look forward to.
Kepler

good thing sano isn't going to need that throwing arm as much when he moves to first.
[Image: w6CF1RN.png]
Another great banner by jbel4331!

Also collecting Brewers prospects and Hall of Fame autos

(02-28-2014, 06:56 PM)kelbysdaddy Wrote: good thing sano isn't going to need that throwing arm as much when he moves to first.
That's a ways off yet. Mauer has it locked down for a while. At least 5 more I think.
Kepler

And it's official: Miguel Sano to have Tommy John surgery. Well, 2014 was a fun Twins season. Virtually nothing to look forward to now except to see if 90 more losses finally gets Gardy out of town.
Kepler

This is about the crappiest news ive heard all week next to the NBA telling Lebron he can rock the black mask. Ive been anticipating Sano getting into the bigs this year... Now have to wait one more year. Just praying the surgury goes smooth and he comes back in tip top form.
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

(02-28-2014, 04:51 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Tell me about it. It's been a rough three years to be a Twins fan. I'm hopeful that if he's out for the whole year, they'll try to bring Buxton and/or Meyer up at some point this season - provided they earn their shot. That way the arbitration clock doesn't start at the same time for all three, but us Twins fans still have something to look forward to.
Meyer will be up at some point this year. Buxton is a long shot, even with Sano out. Buxton's best bet would be a September call-up, even then, I don't think its worth bringing him up if the Twins aren't in contention
[Image: 2013%20Ginter%20Signature_zpsraq8vd9t.jpg]

Kris Bryant homered in his first AB so of course us Cubs fans think we are going to the Series this year..LOL
[Image: arod.gif]

Well, Twins lost again today, but it wasn't without some promising moments. Buxton led off and played the entire game in CF. Sounds like he might have misplayed a triple, which was the game-winning hit, in the bottom of the 9th. But he also hit a 2-run HR, which ties him for the team lead. lol

Max Kepler was 2-2 with a walk and he score on the Buxton HR. He's now hitting .500 on the spring. I'm guessing both will play again tomorrow with the big club and then be reassigned to minor league camp. I'm guessing he'll still start the season at A+ Ft. Myers, but if he keeps hitting this way he could find himself at AA New Britain instead.

Danny Santana is looking pretty good so far at SS - good wheels, good range. If Gardy wasn't so in love with the way Florimon "picks it" and "gets after it," Santana could have an outside shot to win the job. But he doesn't.

Jorge Polanco looked a little shaky the other night in the field, but had a couple of decent at-bats. If he can stick at 2B they should be pretty stacked in terms of position depth. That, of course, is if Rosario comes back from his suspension and keeps going and Dozier builds on last year.

I haven't seen too many of the young pitchers, but Delois Guerra (the last part of the Johan deal still around) looked pretty good the other night and everyone is raving about Alex Meyer. Unfortunately, when the team is on TV tomorrow it's another Mike Pelfrey game, so I probably still won't see any of the young guys.

Kepler