`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1990 - 1991 NBA Hoops. Rare errors #28 Koncak - #31 Moses Malone

RE: 1990 - 1991 NBA Hoops. Rare errors #28 Koncak - #31 Moses Malone
(02-23-2014, 08:44 PM)taffster74 Wrote: I do. I know i had some rodman's from that set where there three different colors for the print on the front of the card. Then again, i'm probably a bit OCD in that regards - i've got some Ewing's from 1997-98 Stadium Club (2 promo's, 3 regular) where hologram in the silver bar is orientated differently.
Ah...well...I kinda do the same thing...I keep them like you do...but I don't consider them varients (nor would I sell them as such). I sell a bunch of weird versions and such, but still...I'm not quite to that point yet.. Wink
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/

Flannagan. I have the 2011 Beckett Basketball Cards Official Price Guide (edition #20) and it lists many errors for that year and manufacturer. It does NOT have those two listed and I do not remember those two as being error cards. At one time I use to try and collect those odd ball cards. Now I will have to go back through my cards and see if I have those errors. Who knows, maybe those are the only two out there : )

(02-24-2014, 02:55 PM)billyho98 Wrote: Flannagan. I have the 2011 Beckett Basketball Cards Official Price Guide (edition #20) and it lists many errors for that year and manufacturer. It does NOT have those two listed and I do not remember those two as being error cards. At one time I use to try and collect those odd ball cards. Now I will have to go back through my cards and see if I have those errors. Who knows, maybe those are the only two out there : )
Beckett doesn't list wrong-back style errors, as they are printing mishaps that happened quite often in the 80s and 90s. Similarly blank front and blank back cards occurred and are not listed in Beckett as errors. Beckett usually only lists errors that occurred across a substantial portion of a print run and then were noticed and corrected by the card company. It usually is an error in data on the card, but sometimes the company wants to change a picture (like the 90-91 Hoops Sam Vincent card) or fix a printing flaw happening across all of a particular card. The biggest exception is the 1990 Topps Frank Thomas NNOF card, which Beckett listed as an error, and it truly was just a printing error that happened on a small amount of the printed cards.
I think the biggest reason Beckett doesn't list the printing flaw errors individually is because it would have to list every single card in the set, as the printing flaws generally happen to all cards either in a set or at least on the same sheet. So to list them would have doubled the size of the price guide.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/