`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2008-09 Topps and 2006-07 Ultra Box break

2008-09 Topps and 2006-07 Ultra Box break
So I needed a few 130 pt one touches today. I needed new ones. My options were my favorite LCS at an hour each way or not my favorite at about 20-25 minutes. The closer store is about .50 more per top loader but I would be saving that type of money on my time (I only needed 4 one touches). Anyway, apparently they were having a pretty damn big sale so I grabbed two boxes just to break.

2006-07 Ultra (Paid $35 for the box)- I was really only looking for a platinum or a Lucky 14. Unfortunately, no platinum and the Lucky 14....I think he might be out of the NBA by now.
I like the ROndo and will probably hang onto it. I also got two game-used, Jeff McInnis and someone even less epic than Jeff McInnis (I think it was Drew Gooden).
[Image: IMG_NEW_0002_zpsb9e8bcd1.jpg]

2008-09 TOpps (Paid $50 for the box) was a little better. A few months ago I broke 2007-08 Topps and hit 3 Durant RCs. I figured I would buy this box and hope for a few Westbrooks, Loves, or Rose's. Not so much.
I would have been pretty psyched if they were the actual RCs and not the variation crap. The AK47 is the Copper our of 51 and is chipped to the higher heavens.
[Image: IMG_NEW_zpsc9bc0393.jpg]
[Image: IMG_NEW_0001_zps7cccf887.jpg]
The hits weren't too bad. I was surprised to land three hits in this box.

I had a good time and I ended up getting my one-touches. Everything is available but the Ultra Rondo Gold will be hard to get.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

RE: 2008-09 Topps and 2006-07 Ultra Box break
If I remember right the Topps Rookie Photo-Shoot autos were case hits. So nice pull on that but Alexander was a catastrophic bust for the Bucks. He wasn't even considered to be a lottery pick until a few days leading up to the draft, I remember. Nice Kobe jersey card. Those are awesome prices for the boxes, IMO. I would've definitely jumped on them @ those prices.
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

nice hits man u did good, i with my lcs had a sale, never had one in 16 yrs ive been going. my childhood lcs is my only other option and the prices there are absurd.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

(02-22-2014, 09:51 PM)vgqv Wrote: If I remember right the Topps Rookie Photo-Shoot autos were case hits. So nice pull on that but Alexander was a catastrophic bust for the Bucks. He wasn't even considered to be a lottery pick until a few days leading up to the draft, I remember. Nice Kobe jersey card. Those are awesome prices for the boxes, IMO. I would've definitely jumped on them @ those prices.
I ended up looklng these up for a price on BO or DA. The Topps would be $80+ per box. Other than for the fun of busting wax I didn't see value at $50, I couldn't even imagine paying $80 for it.

As for the Ultra, I couldn't find any sites that have them. ABout a year ago I hit a Kobe Platinum so I went back to the well. It didn't turn out the same but it was still a fun rip with my wife.

Yeah, Alexander was a disappointment but it was the second to last pack. At that point I figured that I would not be getting an auto so I was just happy to get SOME ink.

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

I have a Rajon Rondo that is blue, I got it out of a retail pack, it was all World premier Rookies. Rondo was the only good rookie. I also got the Gold version of that Tyrus Thomas. At the time I was excited about it till I found out it was half the value of the regular one. Thomas got waved by Bobcats at the end of last year, not sure if He's playing this year.

Nice bryant jersey
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK