`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT LeBron is MVP

RE: OT LeBron is MVP
I think this year's MVP race is definitely a 2-man race, of course between Queen James and Durantula. But I think LaMarcus Aldridge deserves a shout out, ATVL. He's playing at his maximized potential. Nothing flashy but the guy's been puttin' in serious work these last few seasons. Glad he's been getting the all-star nods by the coaches because he will never be an all-star starter.
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

Although it is way too early to determine this and a lot can happen, I would give the nod to Durant. MVP stands for Most Valuable Player. When I think of this, I think of the player that has done the most for his team. Even in Westbrook's absence, Durant has positioned the Thunder to be at the top of the Western Conference. Based on the situation only, I think Durant is more valuable to his team than Lebron. Don't get me wrong Lebron does a lot for his team, but I think minus Durant the Thunder would greatly suffer. The Heat wouldn't be as good, but could still manage without Lebron. If you compare their major stats there are not many areas in which either player has a huge advantage:

Lebron 26.9 points, 7.1 rebounds, 6.5 assists, 1.5 steals, 57.5% field goal percentage
Durant 31.4 points, 7.8 rebounds, 5.5 assists, 1.5 steals, 50% field goal percentage

Durant takes more shots because he has to while Lebron is a little more selective in his shots because he can be. I think if Lebron took the same number of shots as Durant his field goal percentage would drop. So not a huge difference in stats. So as I mentioned, based on what the situation is/was in OKC I think Durant is the leader in the MVP race at this time. With Westbrook back, I would assume Durant's numbers will drop a little as he is not having to carry the team entirely. There is still a lot of season left and a lot can change in that time.

Personally I want Durant to win simply because he is originally from Seattle (with the Sonics) and I would like to see him get one. He is deserving of the award and continues to elevate his game. He is only 25 too! He has so much time to develop his game and improve. It is amazing how much growth he has made in the league thus far and is only going to be motivated to continue to improve.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

" I think if Lebron took the same number of shots as Durant his field goal percentage would drop."

the difference in not how many, but kind of shots. durant takes more outside shots, lebron drives to the hoop more
also, lets be very clear: 57% shhoting percentage from a non-center is freaking insane. people should really wrap their brain around that number. that is an incredible number

(02-22-2014, 11:26 AM)nickm1123 Wrote: Although it is way too early to determine this and a lot can happen, I would give the nod to Durant. MVP stands for Most Valuable Player. When I think of this, I think of the player that has done the most for his team. Even in Westbrook's absence, Durant has positioned the Thunder to be at the top of the Western Conference. Based on the situation only, I think Durant is more valuable to his team than Lebron. Don't get me wrong Lebron does a lot for his team, but I think minus Durant the Thunder would greatly suffer. The Heat wouldn't be as good, but could still manage without Lebron. If you compare their major stats there are not many areas in which either player has a huge advantage:

Lebron 26.9 points, 7.1 rebounds, 6.5 assists, 1.5 steals, 57.5% field goal percentage
Durant 31.4 points, 7.8 rebounds, 5.5 assists, 1.5 steals, 50% field goal percentage

Durant takes more shots because he has to while Lebron is a little more selective in his shots because he can be. I think if Lebron took the same number of shots as Durant his field goal percentage would drop. So not a huge difference in stats. So as I mentioned, based on what the situation is/was in OKC I think Durant is the leader in the MVP race at this time. With Westbrook back, I would assume Durant's numbers will drop a little as he is not having to carry the team entirely. There is still a lot of season left and a lot can change in that time.

Personally I want Durant to win simply because he is originally from Seattle (with the Sonics) and I would like to see him get one. He is deserving of the award and continues to elevate his game. He is only 25 too! He has so much time to develop his game and improve. It is amazing how much growth he has made in the league thus far and is only going to be motivated to continue to improve.
Don't worry you're not the only one that sees how LeBron gets those amazing stats....

LeBron's last 2 games somehow measure up to Durant's last 20 odd..

There is a reason for his AMAZING percentage increase going from the Cavs to Miami...

But his fans will say LeBron would drop 40 a night if he was unleashed like Durant is....LOL at that one....

Durant's in front by a fair bit right now, LeBron's got his work cut out for him just to get even...

Having said that, LeBron is capable of putting up solid numbers night after night, things could change if Westbrook steals too much of Durant's thunder.....pun intended...

Collecting BGS 9.5 MJ 90's inserts

[Image: MJBGS95PC_zpsaa817dfe.jpg]

61 pOINTS 7 REBS,5 ASSISTS 8/10 FROM 3POINT LINE Nuff Said

Durant can have the MVP.

LeBron wants the ring!

[Image: NBAFinalsHeat_zps8754086e.jpg]

(03-04-2014, 12:39 AM)swanone Wrote: 61 pOINTS 7 REBS,5 ASSISTS 8/10 FROM 3POINT LINE Nuff Said
Remaining in the game when it's no longer a contest...

Some player's don't do that like LeBron does.

I would actually like to see players going after a huge score when they are super hot...

But I don't give too much credit for a huge score in a blowout.., still fun to watch tho...

(03-04-2014, 06:02 AM)hegotgame1515 Wrote: Remaining in the game when it's no longer a contest...

Some player's don't do that like LeBron does.
that is an asinine argument. and frankly, you know it is

(03-04-2014, 06:23 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: that is an asinine argument. and frankly, you know it is
Possibly, but given the flogging Durant got in maintaining a recent 30 point average....Well?

I'm probably far too salty on this forum from getting into it so much on Blowout, i'll say this and leave it at that...

When you watch LeBron stay in 20 a point blowout, how can you look at it any other way than to protect his MVP or to out do Melo/Durant.

Both Melo and Durant left their big scoring games early where LeBron didn't.

If you start counting all the top scores LeBron's had and compare them against anyone like MJ then you would see LeBron hardly ever leaves a great shooting night on the floor regardless of the opposition score!

Perhaps when you dig deeper into LeBron's season average, you would see how he maintains a great statistical average...

Kobe use to do it too....

http://www.pageqsports.com/2014/02/lebro...oken-nose/
I am into collecting Charles Barkley, Steve Nash and Jason Kidd. I alos will collect Goldy.
Right now most cards are not in the trade section, but in my org, so look there first to see what I have and then PM me an offer and if accepted I will move it to the trade section, ready to be traded.