`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebay Fees Question

Ebay Fees Question
I know that when you sell something on Ebay, Paypal takes out a fee initially and Ebay sends you an invoice later taking out their fees. How much does Ebay take out of the final auction selling amount? Does this amount include shipping or just the actual amount of the item sold. Thanks in advance.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

RE: Ebay Fees Question
For personal ebay accounts they take 10% of the final sale price, not including the tax or shipping. I could be wrong since, I'm fairly new to Ebay and card collecting for that matter. Hope that helped.
Mainly a Lakers Collector. Also collect RC's, Hall of Fame players, and current superstars. Big Kobe, and Jordan fan. Go Lake Show!

they also take 10% from the shipping price, I believe. Otherwise, you could just sell something cheap but have a really high shipping price to get around the fees. they have started allowing 50 listings per month without an insertion fee, which is nice.

eBay takes a flat 10% off of the final price PLUS shipping cost!! So charging exact shipping doesn't work and sellers loose money that way too. That's why typical "shipping" costs are a bit higher than "exact shipping." Sellers typically do a bit in the shipping to help cover the fees.

Also, Paypal (also owned by eBay), takes 0.30 + about 0.03% of initial payment!

So...total of 13% + $0.30 on the total sale is fees!

Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/

Thanks for all the information guys! I did not realize that it was this brutal. I am selling some cards for a friend and I wanted to make sure that I did not lose a ton of money. He is giving me 20% of the final sales but I also do not want to give him money without deducting the Ebay fees. I just wanted to make sure when I was calculating the final amount I owe him that I was doing it based on what I was actually being charged. Thanks again!
I also do not know how the big sellers can make any money! If they sell a card for $1000 automatically $100 of that is gone to fees. That is horrible. I always wonder why people have their cards so highly priced. For example a card that is only worth $50 they have listed for $75. I guess it makes sense now. Thanks again!

[Image: Nick.jpg]