`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Best way to move Semi-stars & Commons
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Beckett Forums
55.56%
5 55.56%
COMC
0%
0 0%
Collector Revolution
0%
0 0%
Ebay
22.22%
2 22.22%
Trashcan
22.22%
2 22.22%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What to do with high end semi-stars & commons?

What to do with high end semi-stars & commons?
So I am considering buying & breaking some higher end products (I can get a good deal on 2012 Panini Black Football for instance) which I love to chase hits.

What does everyone recommend I do with the semi-stars, non-auto/non-GU inserts and even higher end commons?

Obviously if I am not a set builder it doesn't make sense to trade lower end cards and the work to list and sell them on eBay seems too time consuming for very little pay-off.

Beckett? COMC? Collector Revolution?

I am not sure if many/any of these are viable options would love some candid feedback and ideas.

Thanks!

Ed
[Image: Zg60sg4.png]

RE: What to do with high end semi-stars & commons?
How much you talking about breaking? I personally collect base, no matter what type, for the Packers and have no issues trading mid range stuff for a bunch of commons/lower end. It's a bit of work adding it all in, but when you're talking the higher end stuff, the base cards actually end up being worth something, usually and some of us are willing to trade/buy them. Though, that said, a few times I've just donated a bunch of base that nobody wants, so you may end up having that issue as well for stuff that nobody collects.

(01-29-2014, 03:08 PM)bojesphob Wrote: How much you talking about breaking? I personally collect base, no matter what type, for the Packers and have no issues trading mid range stuff for a bunch of commons/lower end. It's a bit of work adding it all in, but when you're talking the higher end stuff, the base cards actually end up being worth something, usually and some of us are willing to trade/buy them. Though, that said, a few times I've just donated a bunch of base that nobody wants, so you may end up having that issue as well for stuff that nobody collects.
For 2012 Panini Black Football I am thinking about breaking a case. Of course I know there are a lot of cards that aren't going to be worth a ton vs. time to list. Perhaps trading on Beckett will be a good option - trade to get something I want.

I would say beckett there's a lot of great guys/gals on here to trade with. Also, feel free to let me know if you get a bunch a base you don't want maybe not of black but other sets. I can use them in my classroom as I teach life skills to kids with very severe disabilities. I got my first package from one of the guys on here yesterday and my kids loved them.
I collect these three guys. I teach life skills class for kids and can always use free cards for them.

[Image: cox3.png]

Either trade on Beckett or possibly sell as a "set builders" or "complete you set" type lot on eBay. I have done that on eBay and actually done pretty well, depending on the set. Essentially you list all the card numbers in the auction, and either sell them ALL in 1 lot or sell a set number of the cards (i.e. "You Pick 5" where the winning bidder gets to pick 5 cards from the list).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(01-30-2014, 01:01 AM)djohn Wrote: Either trade on Beckett or possibly sell as a "set builders" or "complete you set" type lot on eBay. I have done that on eBay and actually done pretty well, depending on the set. Essentially you list all the card numbers in the auction, and either sell them ALL in 1 lot or sell a set number of the cards (i.e. "You Pick 5" where the winning bidder gets to pick 5 cards from the list).
That's a good idea DJohn! I wouldn't have thought of that concept but for higher end product could eliminate me from doing auctions for $1 cards and bulk them out.

Thanks!

Depending on how much time and effort you want to go to listing them all (*putting on Beckett cheerleader uniform*) I'd say list them for trade here. I've made hundreds of trades of unwanted base/inserts and been able to either fill my own set wants or upgrade to nicer cards or fill player collection holes.

Sorta depends on how quickly you want to dispose of them - that will certainly require storing them until you get the right trade opportunity(s). If storage is an issue and you're looking more to just get rid of them in bulk quickly, then like djohn said - put them in bulk lots on Ebay.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.