`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Opinions Needed

Opinions Needed
I am trying to figure out who I should focus a super-collection on. After seeing some on here a few of the players would be difficult even though I really like them. I narrowed my selection to these four:

Frank Gore
Patrick Willis
Michael Crabtree
Vernon Davis

I have some really nice cards of all of them right now. thanks for any input.
US Army Mechanic collecting 49er Greats; Rice, Montana, Craig, Rathman, Patrick Willis, etc.

RE: Opinions Needed
I WOULD HAVE TO SAY DAVIS. I AM A SUCKER FOR PHYSICAL & AGILE TEs. JUST SAYING.
COLLECT DALLAS COWBOYS, MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN COLLEGE UNI, KELVIN BENJAMIN JASON WITTEN & 2012 TOPPS CHROME DEMARCUS WARE RAINBOW (WANTS MARKED).

I agree, Davis
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

I would go for Patrick Willis. LB's dont get any love. Plus, he has more autos than Vernon does.
[Image: child_please_banner_49ers_zps677193f9.jpg]

It depends on what you're after. If you are just a big niners fan then it really doesn't matter, but if you're going to be serious and want to make sure you keep some equity in the collection then you should always at least go with a HOF'er. RBs make bad collections which is sad because Gore is a superb RB. I think Willis is a LOCK for the HOF and may end up being the best MLB to play the game... IMO, go with Willis.
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --

I'd go Willis...potential hall of famer, and c'mon man...give the D some love lol. Crabtree would be my second choice. Gore, you will probably never find a lot of his low numbered, good cards from his early days as he's been around awhile. You could collect Davis on the side as I haven't seen many people who pick him up.

Do you have to decide? LOL I have several guys that I collect, and have some really good stuff for several of them. Well technically, I'll collect just about anybody from the Packers that I recognize the name for, but I have several that I focus on. I also have some PCs that aren't specific player based (like the Super Bowl collection in my sig). I have over 700 different Brett Favres, over 200 different Aaron Rodgers, and well over 100 different of Greg Jennings, Reggie White, Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver, and Ahman Green! Cool thing is, I got most of them through trades here or big lots on eBay, so I really haven't even spent all that much more getting them. Of course, if I was only going after one player, I'd probably have a bunch more of that one person, but I like having 5 Eddie Lacy autos, and the 11 Jordy Nelson autos, as well as the individual Favre, Starr and Rodgers autos that I have and have a total of 177 different autos! (well, 178 if you count the Eddie Lacy Contenders auto that I just got that's not actually signed LOL) Smile

Patrick Willis, but I'm a sucker for the defense. At least he would be cheaper than the rest.

I think I am leaning towards Willis too. Don't get me wrong I will still be picking up all other Niners as I go but focusing on one guy and trying to chase their cards down is more fun. It's like a treasure hunt. Thanks everyone for the input. Now I'm gonna have to try to put together a Willis banner.
US Army Mechanic collecting 49er Greats; Rice, Montana, Craig, Rathman, Patrick Willis, etc.