`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
2010 upper deck gold jason varitek /99

RE: 2010 upper deck gold jason varitek /99
(01-29-2014, 11:24 AM)Bruce3D Wrote: I'm working on putting the 2010 Upper Deck set together, along with insert sets and the jersey set, since larger retail boxes and hobby boxes can be found for so cheap. I hadn't decided on the gold parallel set or the autos but I was surprised at how high the bv is for the golds vs. what they actually sell for.
Exactly... Pricing is pretty spastic on these though. Of course the posey will always sell well as the key card in the set, but major stars cards sell for less than 10% of BV when put to auction. Then you have players like schierholz sell for $18. The schierholz sale definitely seems to be the exception though.

As Cross mentioned above though the one parallel and low #'d production is key. You'd think that with a print run of /99 there would be some player-collectors clamoring over the superstar cards a bit more.
I definitely appreciate the 1 parallel system... That's why I liked archives so much as they only had the one parallel and it actually meant something when you pulled it. While I appreciate their simplicity, I do think that simply taking the same base card and gold-foil stamping it /99 is a bit lazy... At least throw a 1st day production holofoil stamp on it or something!!!

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(01-26-2014, 08:52 PM)petillo64 Wrote: When I can find eBay sales of a particular card I usually look at others from the same set... All those cards book crazy high from that set. I pulled a common and was shocked at the BV.

A pujols and a wright went for $4 Dlvd... And a schierholz went for $18 Dlvd. Sales are all over the place, but most are way below the schierholz for bigger stars than varitek.
I pulled a pedroia back in the day and still have it, the value always shocked me being a card numbered/99
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

In Beckett's latest price guide I think they only put a value on the Buster Posey gold. But I could be wrong. I think it really comes down to finding the buyer who likes that particular player. I bet they will pay a good price but I haven't found any of those types of buyers yet.

Mod Edit: Please do not post active Ebay auction links. Especially your own auction. That is considered spam and forbidden by the site TOS.

Read the TOS newbie. No links to your eBay auctions on this site.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

won't happen again.