`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st retail purchase 2014 ... Nice megabox

1st retail purchase 2014 ... Nice megabox
Was in Target and had some extra $$$$. Picked up my first retail box of the year.
The card-gods welcomed me back with this:

[Image: null_zps6909d662.jpg]

Koji Topps update Boston Strong /50
Wilson Topps Chrome update Gold /250.
Not too shabby!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: 1st retail purchase 2014 ... Nice megabox
You, sir, are the king of the megabox!

Geez, you kill it on these....mine are nothing but duds every time!!

Nice megabox, Doc! The best thing we pulled out of the megaboxes we opened was a Mariano Rivera Black refractor. Not too bad but considering how many of those megaboxes we opened, not too good either!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

(01-08-2014, 02:06 PM)aprirr Wrote: Nice megabox, Doc! The best thing we pulled out of the megaboxes we opened was a Mariano Rivera Black refractor. Not too bad but considering how many of those megaboxes we opened, not too good either!
Thanks!
Your Mariano Refractor black, is one sweet card to pull!!!

But yeah, I've been lucky. Seems that I, on average, find something good in 1:3 boxes. Today, I followed the last box rule, and it was the first time that rule ever paid off. I didn't even know those Boston Strong cards existed. I thought there was only the David Ortiz SSP Boston Strong.

I'm certain that my next 2 boxes, if I find them, will be clunkers. But I"ll report my findings either way.
(01-08-2014, 01:54 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: You, sir, are the king of the megabox!
Thanks, RJ!
If only I could market that title somehow Smile
(01-08-2014, 01:54 PM)rentzington Wrote: Geez, you kill it on these....mine are nothing but duds every time!!
Sorry about that, Eric! Glad you're not shopping at my Target, otherwise I'd feel like I was taking cards away from you. I've been lucky ... for now.
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

i have opened probably 8 of those, my best card was a harper AS chrome gold /250. not one sp or chrome puig...unreal. u must be a hot pack seller on ebay lol!!!!
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

(01-08-2014, 04:33 PM)rybowski97 Wrote: i have opened probably 8 of those, my best card was a harper AS chrome gold /250. not one sp or chrome puig...unreal. u must be a hot pack seller on ebay lol!!!!
I pack search the Megaboxes with my xray vision. Smile