`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disappointment- FADED autos !!

RE: Disappointment
Thanks for the insight, Jeff. Question regarding your comment about storing autos in fireproof safes; Would using Silica bead packets to control the humidity within it help prevent damage?

RE: Disappointment
(01-02-2014, 07:59 PM)Pmaurer Wrote:
Thanks for the insight, Jeff. Question regarding your comment about storing autos in fireproof safes; Would using Silica bead packets to control the humidity within it help prevent damage?

If your talking about those beads the safe companies include I'm sure they are fine.

I have no faith in them on a personal level but that's just me. Sort of old school when it comes to solutions the "high tech" beads remind me of sprinkler heads = another "hi tech" solution that generally works well after it should have. The beads to me require "excessive" moisture where other solutions less so.

Plain old baking soda just like your refrigerator works just fine. If the safe is in a cool room I would use a dehumidifier for the room to prevent moisture seepage into the safe ( no safe is air tight) and keep the room moisture controlled.

Whatever you use inside replace the item regularly.

Hope the suggestions help-
Jeff