`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Big Sale, but can I trust it? Paypal scam, chargeback possible? Help!

Big Sale, but can I trust it? Paypal scam, chargeback possible? Help!
I've never sold any really high end items through paypal before. I was in a break the other night and was just chatting with some of the other guys in the room and one IM'ed me and offered to buy my 6 QB Auto Relic Triple Threads book. I'd been in one of this guys breaks before, but we don't know each other. And actually the break I was in he was on a first name basis with that breaker, so he must be known in the community. Anyway, he offered, we negotiated on price for a min, and 10 mins later agreed, and he instantly sent he money over into my Paypal accout. I told him I send the card out the next morning.

At first I was just super psyched to have sold it. But then started thinking, this guy doesn't know me at all, hasn't even seen my card, and he transferred several hundred dollars into my account just like that...

So, I thought on it for about 20 mins and then logged back in and asked him if he'd be cool with me waiting until the funds had actually cleared my paypal account and been deposited into my bank account. He said sure no problem.

So my question is, if I mail this card out, with insurance, and a tracking number, and maybe even a sign on delivery, is there any way that this is a paypal scam? And that in like 10 days the money will be taken back out of my account by paypal?

I've heard stories of people who had sold items through paypal, had the money in their accounts, spent it, and then 10 days later, paypal deducts the money back out of their bank accounts and claims the buyer wasn't really the buyer or something.

I really want to make this deal work, but I don't want to get screwed, and you can never be too safe when it comes to making sales over the internet.

Thanks for any help/advice.

RE: Big Sale, but can I trust it? Paypal scam, chargeback possible? Help!
He can still chargeback once you transfer the funds, you will just result in a negative balance in your Paypal account. Your fine, just use signature required delivery confirmation if u sold the card for more than 250.
All in with pocket Aces.... Andre Johnson and Aaron Rodgers.

well thats the beauty of paypal really. if he paid goods, then you better be sure to cover yourself with a tracking number for some proof at least. if he paid gift, then the risk is all on him. it seems that this has kind of become a norm in the hobby so im not surprised he sent without more info. i sold a card that way for 150 and had no problems.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

sounds like a good deal for your. He wouldn't have sent so quickly if he wasn't interested. Just send with a tracking number and protect the crap out of the card. You should be good.
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

As long as you have confirmation, ie: signature on a signature delivery slip that he received, then there isn't much he can do, and yes, make sure it has signature delivery since the transaction is over $100, as well as insurance.

And make sure to keep all your receipts from the PO, as well as all conversations, emails, etc....as if there is a problem, paypal will ask for them.
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

Alright, thanks for the advice guys. Definitely going to do the tracking, and sig on delivery. Just hope it's all legit, as this is literally the highest value card I've every sold.

Dont stress about it. Just cover yourself with the advice given, but also dont be surprised if the next buyer isnt willing to wait for Paypal to clear (unless were talking about an Echeck). I wouldn't have agreed to that as a buyer.
All in with pocket Aces.... Andre Johnson and Aaron Rodgers.