`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really cutting back in the upcoming year.

Really cutting back in the upcoming year.
With the new year almost upon us, I decided to really narrow down what I will be collecting next year. Being a team collector and set builder is getting tougher each year especially team collecting. With all the sets, inserts, autos, and parallels I was driving myself crazy trying to keep up. It wasn't fun anymore. I was driving myself out of the hobby that I love. So starting Jan 1 I will be collecting only Bowman, Bowman Draft, Bowman Chrome, and Bowman Chrome Draft Phillies. This will include base, autos, inserts, and parallels numbered down to /25. I figured I get everything I want out of these sets because they include current players, rookies, and prospects. I did a Beckett search from 1948 to present and its a little over 3500 cards. Its going to kiill me to pass the Heritage by next year but I have to do it for my own sanity. Hopefully I can stay focused!
Collecting Phillies base cards from 1950-present
Collecting all catcher prospect and rookie cards

RE: Really cutting back in the upcoming year.
I am as well, I've left behind the super collecting mentality and I'm only gonna trade for and buy certain cards I truly wanna keep for myself. Often I do trades for certain players, get bored and trade them off lol. I've gotten rid of most of my base, getting rid of everything under a dollar in org and I'm just gonna stop collecting for the most part.
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

RE: Really cutting back in the upcoming year.
Every collector is pledging to spend less next year. No one is pledging to spend more! It's a matter of which of us have a strong enough will...
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]