`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My run in with a pack-searching family

RE: My run in with a pack-searching family
(12-28-2013, 01:45 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Nicely done, Doc. You know I fully support you on this matter.
Thanks Jared!
You know, I'm not totally altruistic with this ... Just protecting my future cards. The pack I save may be my own one day, and NOT having it pre-mutilated is my primary goal. If I'm going to pick up crappy cards, at least they'll have a better chance at being pristine Smile
I'm not the most confrontational guy in the room, and I usually don't go out of my way to involve myself in verbal (or physical) altercations, but for some unknown reason, smug pack searchers make my blood boil.
So now, when you say "fully support" that means I can count on you to post bail in the future? Smile Just wondering Smile

(12-29-2013, 06:25 PM)afff Wrote: great to hear that something was done about it
Like I said, the security guard recognized me and I think this gave him a little opportunity to blow off some post-holiday frustration. My experience, the guard cares, the store manager, not so much!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

nothing will change until the retailers lock these up. they should have them in some kind of display that's locked like they use for movies and video games. inconvenient, sure, but it would be worth it.

(12-30-2013, 12:15 PM)mnc99 Wrote: nothing will change until the retailers lock these up. they should have them in some kind of display that's locked like they use for movies and video games. inconvenient, sure, but it would be worth it.
There was a WalMart that did this. Kept everything behind the counter by the Cigarettes. It was such a major effort for the cashier to get them to find a box, blaster or a pack of cards, that they decided to abandon this method and returned them to the check-out aisle.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.