`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trading on Beckett

Trading on Beckett
Hey guys, I am confused here. I am getting the hang of trading on here. I notice people are assuming that a card is pending in a trade, that members aren't interested in trading. I am one of these types, I can offer a trade and if something is pending, let me know what is pending, and then I can look to see If I can find something different. I also don't get it, hiding emails, I like to be able to communicate with members that I trade with, since communication is part of the Feedback rating. I could have salvaged some trade offers if people wouldn't have assumed. I am still loading cards in my organizer, plus I am scanning the cards. This is a long process, but it will benefit me as well as the members I trade with, so they can see what they will be getting. I hope some people notice this and hopefully they can fix their short comings. I hope to do a lot of trades here.

Quinton Patton's GU and Autos

RE: Trading on Beckett
I think there are some members that dont want to trade certain cards that are "HOT" because the BV in their eyes is currently low. Once you get everything in your org and scans uploaded then trades will fly out the door!
My Bucket
http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af12...nding1973/
[Image: nameplate.jpg]

If I am interested in trading I will send a trade or reply to your post.

I think we should be able to PM members when dealing in trades or what ever. I have found a lot of members you can't message. I have had a person try to get more for cards than what they book. I don't mind doing book value for trades, but I want the same in return. If I ask about certain cards from you, don't just assume that I don't want what is left over.

you can message through the trade system or click the username and then click send private message
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

A lot of times autos are the culprit of an uneven bv trade. Many traders here want the trade to be in their favor if they are giving up an auto and the other party is not. I too will usually ask for more, unless the auto is a nobody player. But these traders should be letting you know in the trade notes they expect more bv before they send the trade back to you. I hope all works out for you here. I personally have had the best time trading on this site for the past four years. Good luck
SET NEEDS;
2012 tribute blue autos - need most
1995-98 football inserts

I did a trade offer with a guy, there was no Auto involved. I offered dollar for dollar per card value and he tried to get more. When he noticed I wasn't trading heavy in his favor, he cancelled the trade.
(12-14-2013, 07:01 PM)lecreccio Wrote: A lot of times autos are the culprit of an uneven bv trade. Many traders here want the trade to be in their favor if they are giving up an auto and the other party is not. I too will usually ask for more, unless the auto is a nobody player. But these traders should be letting you know in the trade notes they expect more bv before they send the trade back to you. I hope all works out for you here. I personally have had the best time trading on this site for the past four years. Good luck

Thaat is what I do, that is how I am finding people hiding their emails.
(12-14-2013, 06:00 PM)floydtown Wrote: you can message through the trade system or click the username and then click send private message

(12-14-2013, 02:11 PM)jywilli69 Wrote: I notice people are assuming that a card is pending in a trade, that members aren't interested in trading. I am one of these types, I can offer a trade and if something is pending, let me know what is pending, and then I can look to see If I can find something different.
To me all cards are fair game and are first come first served. I am not waiting for days for you to decide on a trade. I do not have 50,000 plus cards in my org like some members do. So there are times that multiple members want the same card(s). If you want them, get the deal done. Do not beat around the bush. If this was a low traffic site, I could understand, but it isn't. In other words, with me, it is $#!+ or get off the pot.

Couldn't agree with this statement more. I know I'm not the most patient in terms of waiting because I lost out on deals by allowing too long of a hem and haw period. I'll wait for some folks I have consistent dealings with some time. When I see someone who proposes a trade with me then starts creating threads or replying to posts vs trading I just cancel the trade.
(12-15-2013, 12:52 AM)seal006 Wrote: To me all cards are fair game and are first come first served. I am not waiting for days for you to decide on a trade. I do not have 50,000 plus cards in my org like some members do. So there are times that multiple members want the same card(s). If you want them, get the deal done. Do not beat around the bush. If this was a low traffic site, I could understand, but it isn't. In other words, with me, it is $#!+ or get off the pot.
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

I agree with you 100%. I had a guy take 2 says, he couldn't get off the pot. It is frustrating. I have learned when you start a deal, you finish it and not play games. If it is a card I need, I might go $5 in your favor, but that is it. I hate people who try to hose members.
(12-15-2013, 12:52 AM)seal006 Wrote: To me all cards are fair game and are first come first served. I am not waiting for days for you to decide on a trade. I do not have 50,000 plus cards in my org like some members do. So there are times that multiple members want the same card(s). If you want them, get the deal done. Do not beat around the bush. If this was a low traffic site, I could understand, but it isn't. In other words, with me, it is $#!+ or get off the pot.

same here, sometimes I can have 4 or 5 trades all after the same card
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)