`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cano to the Mariners

Cano to the Mariners
What do you guys think about his numbers leaving Yankee stadium for a less friendly park (Adrian Beltre is a good example of what happens when you dont have to play half your games in Seattle) even though Cano is a lefty, and he's going to be 41 years old when his contract expires.

RE: Cano to the Mariners
*jaw drops*

who on earth gives 10 year contracts in baseball anymore? they do realize that without steroids, guys slow down at 36, and are dead by 38

Good thing the Yankees picked up Ellsbury to fill that void in the lineup. HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa
Ouch.

I hurt something.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

cano realizes that the mariners arent going to spend much more money than what they gave him, right?

almonte, ackley and saunders in the OF
smoak, seager miller in the infield
zunino as the catcher

and cano

good luck with that, robison

I think it's a great business move and will be a good baseball move for the next 6-7 years. He's gonna get people in the seats and attract other free agents to come where the money is at. This will now lead to more moves (Cruz? Price?) and they will be competitive again. Contract too long but have to bite the bullet to get better now

(12-06-2013, 11:43 AM)redsoxbwler300 Wrote: I think it's a great business move and will be a good baseball move for the next 6-7 years. He's gonna get people in the seats and attract other free agents to come where the money is at. This will now lead to more moves (Cruz? Price?) and they will be competitive again. Contract too long but have to bite the bullet to get better now
the mariners dont have the money to spend, especially with felix hernandez getting 24-27 million each season until 2019. they have spent less every year since 2008

almost 25% of the payroll will be going to two players

and i dont think cano is enough of a star by himself to drag butts into seats. felix didnt

(12-06-2013, 11:47 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: the mariners dont have the money to spend, especially with felix hernandez getting 24-27 million each season until 2019. they have spent less every year since 2008

almost 25% of the payroll will be going to two players

and i dont think cano is enough of a star by himself to drag butts into seats. felix didnt
They have $2 billion dollars coming in over the next 17 years just from their new TV deal... plenty of room to make more moves

(12-06-2013, 11:49 AM)redsoxbwler300 Wrote: They have $2 billion dollars coming in over the next 17 years just from their new TV deal... plenty of room to make more moves
ah, didnt know about the tv deal. but still - they are gonna have to overspend to get folks, like they did with cano

long term deals are death

this will become an albatross of a contract and when they don't win I except him to pull an Arod and force his way out.

On the plus side this likely increases chances of hernandez being dealt or leaving via FA when contract is up

(12-06-2013, 12:36 PM)rentzington Wrote: this will become an albatross of a contract and when they don't win I except him to pull an Arod and force his way out.

On the plus side this likely increases chances of hernandez being dealt or leaving via FA when contract is up
he signed through 2019 with a club option for 2020