`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Wow, my local Post Office is really dropping the ball the past week or two

Wow, my local Post Office is really dropping the ball the past week or two
I've ordered several things on eBay the past few weeks, and have several trades in the process, and I have to say, I'm seriously wondering if I should hold off on having stuff sent to me/sending stuff at the moment.

I have one trade where the stuff that was sent to me just sort of hasn't shown up. We think it was misaddressed, but not 100% certain (definitely don't blame the trader, he's gone out of his way to try to make it right). After some of this other stuff, I don't know if was misaddressed or just flat out lost or taken....

I have one buy from eBay (a Jim Grabowski Leaf auto, one of my auto chase) that was sent by a seller that I've successfully purchased from before, and the tracking says "Out for delivery", then "Delivery Status not Updated", and that was on the day before Thanksgiving, and it's still not here.

I have one package for a trade I sent out 2 days ago, and the tracking number still says "Does not exist", so the carrier and the sort facility hasn't scanned it??

And, now, I have two other eBay purchases that should have arrived at the local sorting facility by now that haven't had their tracking updated.

I know that this is a busy time for the PO, and I'm hoping that is the reason that this is all happening, and that eventually these things get where they need to go, but come on! Worst part is, I've attempted to contact the USPS about the one that was supposed to be delivered but wasn't updated, and I can't seem to be able to get a reply/answer from them...

RE: Wow, my local Post Office is really dropping the ball the past week or two
The post office I go to is in a grocery store. The lady working the counter has always struck us as not too bright, but harmless.

Yesterday I saw her pumping gas at a gas station, with a lit cigarette....So hiring standards in different areas apparently vary greatly.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

(12-05-2013, 11:41 AM)y2hood Wrote: The post office I go to is in a grocery store. The lady working the counter has always struck us as not too bright, but harmless.

Yesterday I saw her pumping gas at a gas station, with a lit cigarette....So hiring standards in different areas apparently vary greatly.
Thanks, I needed that LOL

To be honest, though, I've had over 100 trades on here since February, and 99% of them have gone off without a hitch. I've also increased my eBay rating by around that many, as well, and those went off without any issues. Maybe they fired all of the local PO employees and brought in poorly trained chimps?

There's one carrier for my girlfriend who will not deliver packages to her house. The house was up for sale a few months ago and is still awaiting close but the carrier insists that my girlfriend doesn't live there any more, even when they see each other in the driveway. Anything sent to her gets marked for delivery, marked undeliverable, sent back to the closest sorting facility 50 miles away, spends 3-4 days there, and then is delivered to her grandmother's house a few blocks down the road.

These horror stories want me to post a praise to my mail carrier. He is the bomb. It's scary how much your carrier knows about you - remember that!

I ran into my carrier at a gas station after he picked up our mail around Christmas (3 years ago). I told him "oh, crap, you got our letter to Santa before we could get it out"

His reply - I kid you not: "oh yeah, there wasn't a return address. Don't you live at .........,,? I'll make sure to write that down when I get back in the truck so she gets a return letter from Santa."

I ran into him eating a freaking snack. He knew my name, kid's name AND address. Needless to say, he gets a gift every holiday.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

(12-05-2013, 07:27 PM)ugameck Wrote: These horror stories want me to post a praise to my mail carrier. He is the bomb. It's scary how much your carrier knows about you - remember that!

I ran into my carrier at a gas station after he picked up our mail around Christmas (3 years ago). I told him "oh, crap, you got our letter to Santa before we could get it out"

His reply - I kid you not: "oh yeah, there wasn't a return address. Don't you live at .........,,? I'll make sure to write that down when I get back in the truck so she gets a return letter from Santa."

I ran into him eating a freaking snack. He knew my name, kid's name AND address. Needless to say, he gets a gift every holiday.
THAT IS AWESOME. HE REALLY DOES CARE FOR HIS JOB AND THE PEOPLE HE SERVICES EVERYDAY. HARD TO FIND THAT NOW-A-DAYS. SOME PEOPLE HAVE NO MORALS.
COLLECT DALLAS COWBOYS, MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN COLLEGE UNI, KELVIN BENJAMIN JASON WITTEN & 2012 TOPPS CHROME DEMARCUS WARE RAINBOW (WANTS MARKED).

I use a shipping company to mail my packages, because if I didnt the USPS branch would never scan my DC number into the system. It costs me more, but since I did it this way, havent lost a package like I used to. Plus, the people arent rude like the USPS office in Harahan, LA
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

I picked mine up today, thanks!
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

Ok, looks like the Grabowski auto came in today. Not sure what happened, but I contacted them, then the eBay seller contacted them, and then it magically appears! Second time that's happened in the past month....

(12-05-2013, 11:17 PM)koolkellygirl Wrote: I picked mine up today, thanks!
I just put another one in the mail for you this morning, Kelly! Smile

Think this is bad. I got home for the night and the mail man was just leaving the mail box at 8:00 PM.
Needless to say I didnt get the mail
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]