`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ellsbury to the Yankees

RE: Ellsbury to the Yankees
(12-03-2013, 11:56 PM)mjanooz Wrote: As a Yankee fan I think this signing is absolutely a great deal. He can move to right field when they sign Trout to a 500 million dollar deal in a few years. It's a complete joke, to think oh well the yanks loose another draft pick.... The Yankee's stopped worrying about the draft after they signed Brien Taylor. Any Yankee that has been home grown has been luck over the last 20 years... Also for those of you who think that this Yankee debt ceiling really matters, let me remind you they just picked up 1.5 billion with the sale of 49% of the yes network. Their television contract alone earns them this year alone 90 Million...

The Red Sox just won the World Series... and all I am hearing is McCann is a terrible signing, Ellsbury is a terrible sign for the Yanks... Yanks are never going to stay under the luxury tax....Yanks lose another Draft pick... Wouldn't you want McCann hitting 6th or 7th for your team? Ellsbury when on the saux, was one of the best lead off and center fielders on the planet, now he is a Yankee, he sux..Luxury tax is 50% over 189 Million, so again who really cares, it costs $30.00 bucks to park there.. they can afford it.. Yanks will get a draft pick back when Granderson signs with the Mets.

For the first time in about 8 years, the Yanks now have chips to trade for talent instead of constantly buying it. Gardner, Wells, Nunez, and Mason Williams (a decent prospect), who knows I see Kemp playing right at some point next year.

As for pitching, CC, Nova, Pin-Head, Phelps, Warren, Nuno, Betances and hopefully the emergence of Manny Banuelos works for me on the pitching front... That's still with the possibility of Kuroda and Tanaka..

I like the direction the Yanks are going.... Cano signing is next please... my super collection will be worth dirt if he signs with any other team....

Potential Line-Up for 2014
Bury
Jeter
Tex
Cano
Arod
Mcan
Soriano
Ichiro/Wells
Gardner

Looks pretty good to me..
Sorry but Cano cards have took a steep drop in the last hour. I can't believe he left for money as people will forget about him half way through the season. Cano was a big name because of the Yankess.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

looks like the yanks signed beltran for 3 years, 45 million dollars

um...what a day in baseball

(12-06-2013, 10:14 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: looks like the yanks signed beltran for 3 years, 45 million dollars

um...what a day in baseball
How great has the last 2 weeks been with all that's been going on! This is one of the major things thats sparks my deep rooted love for the game. More than any other sport, the movement / potential movement of established players really keeps things hopping during the off-season (I exclude the NFL draft as that is a different beast), causing us to jump for joy or sit there pulling our hair out or at least scratching our heads.

On the card front, there will be PC guys that go up (McCann) or down (Cano) in value based on thier movement. That's one reason I collect for the fun of collecting and not on how much something is worth.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.