`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps High Number Heritage

RE: Topps High Number Heritage
Given that these are not sold out yet I wonder if the print run is larger than last year. Anyone have thoughts? I basically bought it to complete my 13 Heritage set and will deal the auto if it's not PC.
2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331

(11-21-2013, 03:53 PM)007bobbo Wrote: Just put in an order for 1 set for my PC. What do you guys think the odds are of this set going through the roof like the 2012 set has? I'm still debating whether I want to pick up another as more of an investment set.
Remember to open the boxes, since there will be redemptions that will expire!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(11-21-2013, 04:05 PM)glassnickels Wrote: Given that these are not sold out yet I wonder if the print run is larger than last year. Anyone have thoughts? I basically bought it to complete my 13 Heritage set and will deal the auto if it's not PC.
I think it's safe to say the print run is larger.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(11-21-2013, 06:16 PM)iconms Wrote: I think it's safe to say the print run is larger.
Real safe bet ... They're selling cases and there's no purchase limits ...
There's probably an unlimited limited run
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

So I guess it's okay to open. Should have bought last year. Damn. Lol.

Just like the 2013 Mini online exclusive-- probably a lot more made than in 2012.

(11-21-2013, 08:10 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: Just like the 2013 Mini online exclusive-- probably a lot more made than in 2012.
Probably so ... The problem with them not stating the production number ... They can always print more. How would we know if there were 1000 or 10,000?

Last year's sets took a couple weeks to sell out. I think the limit per order was 10? This time it's a case (24)? The print run is definitely more. There are only 9 more autos than last year's release. My best shot-in-the dark guess would be that the print run is somewhere near 2500. Of course I could be way off.

If you're buying it an expecting it to be like last year, I think you'll be disappointed. The "limited" print run must not be all that limited since almost 12 hours later they're still selling 24-box cases of them for $2399.99... which is more expensive than buying 24 individual boxes at $99.99. Looks like they overprinted them again.
Very low. Not a good investment. Puigmania is dying off, not to mention we have no idea how many were printed. I don't see the 2013 Rookie Class having near the demand of the 2012 class longterm, but it'll hardly matter if the print run is huge.

This is a lesson. When Topps has a NEW "online exclusive" in its first year, BUY IT. That's their testing period. Once it's a success, they'll beat the dead horse year after year by printing tons of it.

(11-21-2013, 03:53 PM)007bobbo Wrote: Just put in an order for 1 set for my PC. What do you guys think the odds are of this set going through the roof like the 2012 set has? I'm still debating whether I want to pick up another as more of an investment set.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

I think I agree with all of you. I'll just keep the one for my PC and hopefully luck out with a good signature pull!