`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Another poor seller alert

Another poor seller alert
Bought an item that was list 2 days ago. Paid immediately and get refunded same day with "Item was lost" (bullstuff) response with a refund. For some reason Paypal is holding that $. Not sure why, but that's a whole different issue. So if you don't want to sell the item at that price, don't list it for a Buy it Now at that price. Not sure if I have any recourse with eBay or Paypal.

Here is the username

margaretrn-us
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.

RE: Another poor seller alert
um, not to say you are wrong, however...

if they listed it at a BIN, it sold at the BIN, then their explanation might be legit.

the other explanation: they mis-listed it at the wrong price accidentally (which they should be honest about, but still, if it is a typo, surely the seller shouldnt be forced to sell at the lower price due to a typo).

and the third explanation: they accidentally relisted it after it had previously sold. again, they should be honest about it, but blood from a stone and all

(11-16-2013, 11:11 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: um, not to say you are wrong, however...

if they listed it at a BIN, it sold at the BIN, then their explanation might be legit.

the other explanation: they mis-listed it at the wrong price accidentally (which they should be honest about, but still, if it is a typo, surely the seller shouldnt be forced to sell at the lower price due to a typo).

and the third explanation: they accidentally relisted it after it had previously sold. again, they should be honest about it, but blood from a stone and all
It was up for two days. The price was not great, but good. With the limited number of items they were selling, to say something was lost is far fetched at best. As for the "other explanation" , it shows poor character to renege on the sale. eBay gives ample opportunity to review listings. I absolutely expect someone that lists an item to sell it for the amount that the auction ends for. To think otherwise makes no sense, as anyone that did not like the price their item sold for could just say, it was lost. To use that as a reason makes me pause at anyone's character that even thinks that. Third explanation- that isn't what they said. I'd still be mad, but could understand that slightly.

Leave a negative and move on, at least you warn others before they buy from them.
My Bucket
http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af12...nding1973/
[Image: nameplate.jpg]

If I am interested in trading I will send a trade or reply to your post.

I've actually run into a problem like this as a seller. On rare occasions I've actually sent the wrong item to a buyer. Thus I no longer have an item. The last time something like this happened to me, I relisted an item that I had put up at my LCS, and I couldn't get to it in time to honor the sale on the bay. It really was a legit mistake and I explained it to the buyer. That buyer at first didn't believe me, but I can say that it was an honest mistake and I tried to make amends by at least explaining the whole situation to the buyer.

But the one thing that I have to ask you, did the seller give you a personal message explaining the situation or did they just refund your money with a generic reason that ebay supplies? If they sent you a personal message with an explanation, and that seller has a good record, then I'd believe them. You should step back and take a look at everything before going all mad about the situation. If there was no personal message, and the seller has a history of things like this, then I'd share your sentiments.

(11-16-2013, 07:51 PM)kstjst Wrote: I've actually run into a problem like this as a seller. On rare occasions I've actually sent the wrong item to a buyer. Thus I no longer have an item. The last time something like this happened to me, I relisted an item that I had put up at my LCS, and I couldn't get to it in time to honor the sale on the bay. It really was a legit mistake and I explained it to the buyer. That buyer at first didn't believe me, but I can say that it was an honest mistake and I tried to make amends by at least explaining the whole situation to the buyer.

But the one thing that I have to ask you, did the seller give you a personal message explaining the situation or did they just refund your money with a generic reason that ebay supplies? If they sent you a personal message with an explanation, and that seller has a good record, then I'd believe them. You should step back and take a look at everything before going all mad about the situation. If there was no personal message, and the seller has a history of things like this, then I'd share your sentiments.
Sent me a message that said "Item was lost. Refund was issued." That's it, nothing personal. There feedback is good, but not after I leave a Negative.
(11-16-2013, 02:33 PM)onemanstanding Wrote: Leave a negative and move on, at least you warn others before they buy from them.
Yup.

Ive had instances where a seller has issued me a refund because (a) the item was lost, (b) the item was sold previously, either on that website or another. Question is, are they going to relist it? You would know at that point that perhaps they wanted more. I dont understand why some are so gung ho about leaving negatives. If you got your money back, you didnt lose anything. If they have 100% feedback, I doubt they were trying to defraud you. If they have a negative, Id look to see if it was for the same reason
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

(11-16-2013, 09:07 PM)duch2izback Wrote: Ive had instances where a seller has issued me a refund because (a) the item was lost, (b) the item was sold previously, either on that website or another. Question is, are they going to relist it? You would know at that point that perhaps they wanted more. I dont understand why some are so gung ho about leaving negatives. If you got your money back, you didnt lose anything. If they have 100% feedback, I doubt they were trying to defraud you. If they have a negative, Id look to see if it was for the same reason
Im with you on the leaving negative thing. For some reason I am so easy going on there. There are times where all I want to do is mess their feedback up because they ticked me off. But then when I really think about it, if I got my money back and all, I should be good and theres really nothing to leave a negative on. My most recent one is I bought and item and the person didnt even send it out until 8 days later. When I saw tracking show up finally I let them know I was not happy it took them that long when it should have already been at my house 4 days prior to them even shipping it. But they apologized and when it showed up, it was in a flat rate box and all they paid $8 to send and shipping was free to me. So I got my card and they made an effort before I even said anything so in retrospect, everything is all good which deserves positive feedback in my opinion. Perhaps a ding on shipping but I probably wont since they paid so much for it.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/