Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Member From SoCal (the desert part)

New Member From SoCal (the desert part)
Hello All,

I just wanted to finally introduce myself after lurking the boards for a while. The name is Bob and I just recently got back into collecting baseball cards again after about a 15 year hiatus. The girlfriend and I bought a few packs from Target on a whim a few months ago and that quickly turned into a full-blown addiction again! She's a huge Pedroia and Red Sox fan and I've been a Frank Thomas and White Sox fan my whole life.

My trade options are a bit limited until we have a few more box breaks under our belts and I can figure out how to get my childhood collection shipped from home, but I've started a 2013 Bowman and Bowman Chrome Collection of Jake Peavy and would love to get a hold of any of the 1/1's available. I already have the Bowman Black Printing Plate and most of the commons and large serial numbered versions. The SO is also interested in starting a Pedroia rainbow of the same series if anyone has anything.

Thanks for reading, I'm extremely excited to get back into the hobby again!

RE: New Member From SoCal (the desert part)
Welcome to the boards and welcome back to the hobby!
[Image: ce8f6545-0bdb-49f7-be76-b13239e656d6_zps6d8f6973.png]

Welcome back to addicted and afflicted cardboard connoisseurs!
You're in good company!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Awesome. Welcome to Beckett! Have fun and enjoy! After you settle in, take a look at my org. and see what if anything you both may need. Nothing fancy, but maybe I can help with your "low-end" needs. "I aim to please"..... (ummmm....dessert!)
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Welcome to the forum and Welcome back to this great hobby!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Thanks for all the well wishes! We have a box of 2013 Gypsy Queen and a box of 2013 Topps Update at the house to rip open tonight. We've been trying to open a box of each of the low to mid-end products from this year to kind of see what's out there and where we'd like to focus our collection. Thanks again guys!

(11-14-2013, 11:44 AM)007bobbo Wrote: Thanks for all the well wishes! We have a box of 2013 Gypsy Queen and a box of 2013 Topps Update at the house to rip open tonight. We've been trying to open a box of each of the low to mid-end products from this year to kind of see what's out there and where we'd like to focus our collection. Thanks again guys!
I was totally happy with both of those products this year! Good luck and lets see what you get! Hope there's some beginners (again) luck there for you.

As far as having a focus on your collection, I hope you have better luck than me. I've been trying for years and the closest I ever get to a Focus is when I park next to one at the mall! 'Badaump-bump- ching!" Thank you, thank you ... I'll be here all week!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(11-14-2013, 04:15 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I was totally happy with both of those products this year! Good luck and lets see what you get! Hope there's some beginners (again) luck there for you.

As far as having a focus on your collection, I hope you have better luck than me. I've been trying for years and the closest I ever get to a Focus is when I park next to one at the mall! 'Badaump-bump- ching!" Thank you, thank you ... I'll be here all week!
I totally hear you there. My collection as a kid was basically anything I could get my hands on! It was a little easier in the early to mid-90's, but now with so many different sets with parallels and various inserts I think my collection needs a little more direction.

I actually really like the multiple numbered parallels. I think it makes the hunt to build a set kind of fun.

Welcome to Beckett. There are alot of Knowledgeable people here including a few old sore heads like me. LOL
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]