IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First post, no price listed-Help?
Question 
First post, no price listed-Help?
Hello everyone,

I recently started collecting again after around a 15+ year break. I am starting from nothing as the reason i quit to begin with was my house being robbed and all my cards stolen and never found. So after retiring from the military I have a lot of free time on my hands and decided to pick back up a hobby I always loved. I am totally new to the online price guide and have it figured out for the most part, but a lot of cards i have pulled are not listed at all , or have N/A next to them (first card i noticed this on that i pulles was a 2012 topps magic mini Russel Wilson auto 3/5)

I recently pulled a redemption -

2013 Topps platinum Die Cut Auto Military Parallel of Michael Crabtree #ABMDC-MC- I can find it under Number BMDC-MC as camo, I'm assuming same thing.

How do I go about getting a price on cards that say N/A so I can trade and Sell them, I did browse the forums and found no real answers so I am posting here ,if this is the wrong place to post this please let me know if you are a moderator and tell me where i should ask these questions and I apologize in advance if that is the case, anyways I am loving being back into the hobby and glad to see Beckett is still the main pricing guide for collectors, so without more rambling on, thank you in advance for any advise/answers.

Travis.

RE: First post, no price listed-Help?
Hi TJ, welcome back to the hobby and welcome to the boards!

If you want someone to perform some market analysis for you you can go with Beckett Certified Appraisal. You can read more about it here - http://www.beckett.com/bca

Otherwise your best bet to find real value is to try to search for comparables on eBay. One of the checkboxes on the left after performing a search will be "Completed" or "Sold" auctions. Those will give you a good idea of what something is valued at. In your Wilson example if none have been sold, look for comparable rookies from 2012 and see what their cards sold for in the same set. Or try to find Wilson auto that's numbered /5 to get an idea.

Congrats on your pulls and many happy hits in the future!

RE: First post, no price listed-Help?
What he said ^^ Also, anything listed as numbered to 10 or lower, or anything that hasn't had any sales to base a value off of (really rare, but no number, and no sales data) won't have a price listed. I have what I would think would be a common auto from the early 2000's of Adrian McPhearson for the Saints that doesn't have a price on it.

As to cards that you can't find, I would email Beckett about those. Take pictures of the front and back, and explain to them what they are, and I'm sure they'll either get them added in for you if they need to, or will direct you to where they are.