`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
My epic fail on my Cespedes Holy Grail... (long, true crappy story)

RE: My epic fail on my Cespedes Holy Grail... (long, true crappy story)
It's the Holy Grail Jeter card.
1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold

The odds you family owns it are not very good seeing that I know a guy who owns the Master Set base Artist Proof, Red, Blue, Mirror Red, Mirror Blue, and Mirror Gold, another buddy of mine and Jeter collector owns it, a guy from California who I know, my buddies friend who I mentioned before and 3 other guys I met on ebay all own 1 and a rumor of one guy owning 2 that I know but have seen now real proof. So that's 6 right off the bat and there will be one that will be on auction in the month of April. But I do collect all his 90's cards so if you have a list I am sure we can make out a trade. I need a ton of his Topps Tek cards from 1998 and 1999 and quite a few base cards and cheaper ones from those years.

(03-31-2014, 06:01 PM)petillo64 Wrote: Thanks all... I messaged him on eBay and was just curious as to where he set his minimum bid markers to see if I barely missed in my $75 bid. He replied "I don't remember, but at least at $300". My best bet he is lying about that, or he was the initial consigner with probstein123 and panicked when the auctions tanked.

Oh well. Still a lot of awesome cespedes cards I need in the $75 and under range!

What card is it? It's a VERY long shot obviously, but my aunt and uncle owned a card store in great falls, Montana from 93-99. They had a bunch of jeter stuff they set aside for their daughter's PC that included 700+ cards and some nice rare stuff. Worth a shot in the dark! They used to break open a ton of high end product back in the day. I'm assuming at that price it's auto'd?
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]