`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pretty Darn Good Update break for the Retail King!

RE: Pretty Darn Good Update break for the Retail King!
Hey nice goldschmidt!
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

(10-19-2013, 01:56 AM)ryanmo5 Wrote: Hey nice goldschmidt!
Thank you ... he was one of the better players that I didn't have a really solid card of yet.

Love the color of the patch, looks like a sharp card!
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

(10-19-2013, 01:51 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yes sir, very nice hit!

Again, men, like I said ... I know the Puig gold doesn't book/sell for that much.

But look at it this way ... there are 330 cards in the update set, and you get exactly ONE gold/2013 in each hanger pack.

I bought a total of four, so if you look at it that way, I had a 4:330 chance of pulling that card, assuming there were no dupes.

The math works out to a 1.2 percent chance of pulling the Puig.

Personally, I like the emeralds better, as the golds tend to get a little chippy, but I am definitely not complaining.

And obviously, hobby is always a better deal than retail, but then again, go back and look at ALL the Update breaks on the boards so far ... I haven't seen any other gold Puigs from hobby OR retail.

Just to illustrate a point, my other three golds out of the hanger packs were Bryan Petersen, Mike Carp and Aaron Harang.

So yeah, Pweeg tends to stand out just a wee bit there, LOL.
RJ I wasn't down playing the Puig. I meant in general golds don't seem to be as valuable as I think they should be. In the words of Borat "Veery Nice Veery Nice" !

[Image: OKimtze.png]

Congrats, RJ!
Gold Puig! Awesome! And the Goldschmidt All Star card makes for a great few retail boxes.
Not sure if it reinstates you to the Retail Throne quite yet, but it's a step in the right direction Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(10-19-2013, 01:11 PM)minitracer Wrote: RJ I wasn't down playing the Puig. I meant in general golds don't seem to be as valuable as I think they should be. In the words of Borat "Veery Nice Veery Nice" !
It's all good, man. Basically, I spent a ridiculous amount of money on Bowman/Topps Chrome retail stuff and the best pull I had a was a purple Puig out of a Topps Chrome hot box ... very, very frustrating when I relaized I could have just bought a Puig auto online, basically.

So to hit this caliber of a Puig on a relatively small amount of Update breakage, I was completely elated — more of a relief than gloating about a relatively inexpensive pull.

Now that my Tigers are done, too, I think I'm done with baseball for the year.

Funny thing is, I really wasn't even going to do much baseball at all this year — I was like, what can they do for an encore after the Trout-Harper fest from last year — and then, well, Puig happened out of nowhere.
(10-21-2013, 06:50 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Congrats, RJ!
Gold Puig! Awesome! And the Goldschmidt All Star card makes for a great few retail boxes.
Not sure if it reinstates you to the Retail Throne quite yet, but it's a step in the right direction Smile
Uneasy is the head that wears the crown.

But, it's good to be back on the throne, LOL

Never really noticed it before, but why are the Nationals "trademarked" ("TM") and the Angels are "registered" ("R")? Just curious.

-In any event, those are some nice pick-ups!
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(10-21-2013, 08:51 PM)uvaspina Wrote: Never really noticed it before, but why are the Nationals "trademarked" ("TM") and the Angels are "registered" ("R")? Just curious.

Great question sir. I have no idea. Maybe it had to do with when they came into the league? 1960 something vs. 2005 or whatever?

(10-21-2013, 08:51 PM)uvaspina Wrote: Never really noticed it before, but why are the Nationals "trademarked" ("TM") and the Angels are "registered" ("R")? Just curious.

Trademark may be because the "W" looks like the Walgreens "W".

RJ...nice break. I pulled the gold Puig out of my break. Also, I got his mini and not sure if you have picked that up or not so I'll pm you.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.