`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Umpire stuff?

Umpire stuff?
Does anyone know if they ever made trading cards or something similar for umpires?

I am trying to find some cool stuff for Wally Bell, who just passed away recently. He was my mom's cousin so I knew him very well and was completely devastated to hear the news about his passing. I just want to find some cool stuff of his if there is any out there. I have a signed ball that he gave me when I was about 12 years old and that's about it.

Thanks for any help.

RE: Umpire stuff?
(10-16-2013, 05:18 PM)DTD500 Wrote: Does anyone know if they ever made trading cards or something similar for umpires?

I am trying to find some cool stuff for Wally Bell, who just passed away recently. He was my mom's cousin so I knew him very well and was completely devastated to hear the news about his passing. I just want to find some cool stuff of his if there is any out there. I have a signed ball that he gave me when I was about 12 years old and that's about it.

Thanks for any help.
Older Bowman sets (1955 for sure) had cards in the set of the umpires. The Bowman Heritage set the emulates the 1955 had umpire cards in it also but I don't think Wally Bell is included.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

TCMA and T/M both put out umpire sets but those were issued before Wally Bell's time. Topps Allen & Ginter, Conlon and SSPC have also included umpires in their sets as well as the previously mentioned 1955 Bowman set. Checking the OPG, I don't believe Wally Bell has been issued a card (yet).
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Can't find any Wally Bell cards. Good luck & sorry for your loss.........
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Thanks for all your responses and help with this. I figured there probably wasn't much but wasn't for sure.

i know don denkinger has cards including gu & au in 2012 a&g.
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector