`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Short Term Hobby Goal

Short Term Hobby Goal
Im really wanting to break down and buy a bgs jordan star xrc. I keep putting it off and the prices keep rising. Im contemplating not buying wax for the 13-14 season (weak draft class helps) and using the money that usually goes toward wax and getting the star xrc as it would be the cornerstone of my pc. What do you think a fair price would be for a bgs 7 or 7.5 (nothing crazy with one of the subs being a 9.5 or 10 as that drives up the price)? One thing that I hate is my trades will go down with not having new stuff to trade, I havent been busting as much this past year as I have in the past and could tell a big difference in my trade numbers.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

RE: Short Term Hobby Goal
I think you've got a good plan. Redirect the money you wouldve spent during the upcoming season toward the MJ you want, since you think the upcoming draft class is weak. But something will have to give and it'll be your trading, like you said. Still, the real question is will you be able to stay true and not bust anything throughout the upcoming season.. Either way, good luck!
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

I agree completely. I do not even remember the last time I bought wax was. Yes I miss trading a lot (as I used to do 3-4 trades a week) but I am getting cards now that I could only have dreamed of before. Instead of busting wax, I have put all my money towards singles. My MJ collection really started to take form when I did this. In your situation you would have to save for a while, but I could have never got half of the MJs I have now from simply trading. Ya know?

[Image: Nick.jpg]

I like it. I've been thinking of doing something similar to procure a fleer RC. Don't have enough income/cards to sell to get the Star XRC, but trying to pick up a card that nice should require some effort. Be patient, you got this!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

I was close last night. i put in an offer for a bgs 7.5 subs centering 6.5 (killer), corners 9, edges 9.5, surface 9.5 but the seller wanted a little more. ill have to wait it out but ill find one.

Patience Ping. Patience.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

well, were texting back and forth now and hes offering it to me for $1650 shipped. besides the 6.5 on centering, the subs are strong. recently a couple of solid 8's have sold around 1600 and a 7.5 with weaker subs sold at 1300. should i go for it or wait it out for a "weaker" 8 for around the same money. any opinions on that price for a 7.5 with those sub grades?

$1650 is too much for a 7.5, $1500 I could get on board with but that's as high as I would go
 photo mjheader.jpg

(11-16-2013, 01:38 PM)zinger82 Wrote: $1650 is too much for a 7.5, $1500 I could get on board with but that's as high as I would go
my thoughts exactly. there was a 7.5 with the lowest sub as a 7 and highest as a 10. in september it sold in auction for just shy of 1300 and had 70 bids. last month the same card (different seller) sells for 1650 bin, im not believing it. i told him im going to hold off, i think i can get a solid bgs 8 for around 1600. im glad he turned down my 1600 offer lol. he countered 1750 through ebay and then we texted back and forth on the phone and he wanted to do a paypal deal for 1650 but i think thats to high.

talks are over. after looking at other sells, i told him i didnt want to be over 1400 shipped on a bgs 7.5 and couldnt pay bgs 8 money for no matter the subs. he was talking regrade but the front is off center left to right and top to bottom on the front and off top to bottom on the back. since the auction has ended, here is the card.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1984-85-Star-MIC...2550929%26