`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1993 Upper Deck Series 2 jumbo

RE: 1993 Upper Deck Series 2 jumbo
I've heard that when cards are stuck in a brick like that you can put them in the freezer and you have better results when you pull them apart. Never tried it, though.

I'm honestly not trolling here ... if everyone knows this is the deal with the older boxes/packs, why do you keep buying them?

It's awesome that the store is reimbursing you some of the money, but I wouldn't count on them doing that forever.

(04-09-2019, 01:44 PM)mberger Wrote: I've heard that when cards are stuck in a brick like that you can put them in the freezer and you have better results when you pull them apart. Never tried it, though.
I heard that too, so I tried it. Did not work.

(04-09-2019, 01:49 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I'm honestly not trolling here ... if everyone knows this is the deal with the older boxes/packs, why do you keep buying them?

It's awesome that the store is reimbursing you some of the money, but I wouldn't count on them doing that forever.
I don't buy them any more. Unless the boss guarantees no sticking. Sometimes I think the bosses or owners think there's don't stick.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

(04-09-2019, 01:49 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I'm honestly not trolling here ... if everyone knows this is the deal with the older boxes/packs, why do you keep buying them?

Mainly because these boxes/sets/packs are the era I collect the most.

My 1993 UD factory set didn't have any sticking issues but the cards still aren't coming out entirely clean (soft corners, major printing flaws, etc.)

I am more cognizant of buying boxes of cards that are non-glossy, hence the obsession with 1991-92 Donruss and Upper Deck.

I pulled another Elite card last night of Matt Williams! The marble borders really are sharp looking!
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars