`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.55 Average
Max Kepler PC - newbies from June at #196

RE: My Max Kepler PC (New and Improved) - Update Nov. 19
Awesome...I'd splurge and try to get as many as possible now, because you know that next year or the year after, there will be like 250 plus cards a year being produced...LOL. Paralles of the paralles! It becomes crazy. I think it's awesome that folks collect a specific player, I just don't have the patience for it and try to keep it as stress free as possible (yes I go overboard and want/need things completed yesterday!).

Thanks for the advice....picked up a real awesome "killer" card.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(11-23-2013, 07:54 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Awesome...I'd splurge and try to get as many as possible now, because you know that next year or the year after, there will be like 250 plus cards a year being produced...LOL. Paralles of the paralles! It becomes crazy. I think it's awesome that folks collect a specific player, I just don't have the patience for it and try to keep it as stress free as possible (yes I go overboard and want/need things completed yesterday!).

Thanks for the advice....picked up a real awesome "killer" card.
Well, the list is down to 19 - found the Heritage Minors Black auto /50 on the marketplace last night for a reasonable price.

I'm willing to splurge on some, but the prices right now are crazy - $300 for a graded 2010 Bowman Chrome Red Refractor (graded, but non auto) and over $100 on three different Gold Refractor autos. The orange /25 pops up from time to time, but haven't seen one for a while.

The nice thing about picking a prospect that's a ways away is he doesn't have much out right now. So maybe by the time the Bowman Chrome Platinum and Bowman Platinum Chrome variations start coming out I'll have enough cdash to just buy them up right away Big Grin

On the other thing, sent you a PM.
Kepler

Forgot that I'd purchased this one from the Beckett Marketplace, so yesterday's mail was a pleasant surprise for me.

[Image: max_zps48716fdc.jpg]
Kepler

It's been slow going for the last few months. Not much been poppin' up and those that have have been WAY too expensive. Overpaid for a couple of these, but considering they're /10, /10 and /50 I'm OK with it.
[Image: kep1_zpsc1942a74.jpg]
[Image: kep2_zpscb051565.jpg]
Kepler

Beautiful Kepler cards! Nice grade on that ITG, too! Congrats!
I have a gold ITG Kepler also, so between the both of us we have one fifth of the print run! Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(01-20-2014, 06:11 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Beautiful Kepler cards! Nice grade on that ITG, too! Congrats!
I have a gold ITG Kepler also, so between the both of us we have one fifth of the print run! Smile
Very nice. Did you get the one that went for like $3 on the bay? I missed that listing and was sick until I got the graded one.
Kepler

The latest and greatest addition. Paid a bit more than I would've liked, but considering it's /5, I bit the bullet. Now, just to find that pesky Venezuelan back and I'll this year's Heritage Minors complete (minus the 1/1s).
[Image: 1_zpsd9f38c3b.jpg]
Kepler

Those Heritage Minor cards are very cool. Good luck hunting the elusive Venezuelian!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(02-05-2014, 07:55 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Those Heritage Minor cards are very cool. Good luck hunting the elusive Venezuelian!
Thanks. I'm about ready to put a bounty out on it. Crazy how it hasn't popped up. I've seen one on ebay and it was part of a larger lot. I've even seen more of this orange auto than that one.
Kepler

Had to move these photos so I could edit the title of the post ... lame.

2011 ITG
Total: 8/17 (according to OPG) Missing: Most of the golds and 7 unlisted Grand Slam 1/1
[Image: a0c39749-f150-4b8c-a17c-0dc662ec136c_zps9df418ec.jpg]
[Image: itg2_zps78a59e2e.jpg]

2013 Pro Debut - Total: 2/6 Missing: all 4 printing plates (base is coming in the mail)
2013 Heritage Minors - Not sure (base and black /96 coming in the mail)
The last one is a team issue, have a few more of those to track down
[Image: others_zps0be070ac.jpg]
The path slowed a little. At least until I was able to pry my wallet open a little. Got these 2 little beauties as a present to myself for managing to turn my temporary job into a permanent one.

Both are /10. They offset the disappointment of the package I opened today - an Amazon purchase labeled as the elusive Venezuelan black back that showed up as the regular base card. I already called the dealer and told them the issue. If they don't resolve it, I'll post the company's name here for a couple of reasons - first, there's no way I'm paying $3 for a base card I already have and second, they charged me $2.25 shipping and then did it PWE. Not cool

[Image: max_zpsedab3f21.jpg]
Kepler