Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help getting started again

Need help getting started again
Hi,

I am recently getting started collecting again. Can someone give me advice on what to look for? I'm working on organizing my collection for now.

Thank you,

Jeremy

RE: Need help getting started again
well its really up to you. I myself am working on a 1934 Goudey Set PSA Graded 5 and above. I chose this set because I felt that it was obtainable unlike the 1933 Goudey set that has 2 ruths and 2 gehrigs haha. It all depends on you to be honest. I mean if your looking for stuff that will be worth good money after its done i seem to find that the tobacco/ 1900 cards have best resale value. Anything after 55 to me just drops off. But if your looking to make some nice sets for reasonable money late 50s does have a few. What I did to choose my set is

1.How many cards in the set
2.How many big name players in the set
3.How much money the set would take to build

If you can answer the first question of how big you want the set then you narrow it down pretty easily.Then the next two narrow it down even further. I really could go on and on but its all on your preference. One set I would not try is the 52 topps lol all the high numbers non big names that is will run easily 200 a pop in decent condition haha. Best of luck and hope this helped
--SET NEEDS--

PSA GRADED 1934 Goudey Set: 14/96

RE: Need help getting started again
I know some beginners...and if your on a tight budget....try looking at the old strip cards..You can get a ruth, cobb and etc. fairly decent shape and price wise. Be warn, this will be "Authentic' since these were hand-cut items...but are nice pieces of some great HoFers
Collecting ROOKIE CARDS 40-60's, 25 Gehrig, fancraze-wagner