`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Box Topps Chrome, I hate you guys, and something interesting....

2 Box Topps Chrome, I hate you guys, and something interesting....
Well, I've been reading all of your breaks, and I needed to get some top loaders, so I headed down to the LCS and he just got in Topps Chrome, so I snagged 2 of the 3 boxes he had.

I'll start off with just listing the regular refractors:

15 Melky Cabrera, 17 Fernando Rodney, 31 Chase Headley, 42 J.P. Arencia, 48 Eithier, 60 Niese, 63 Colome, 81 Marte, 83 Choo, 101 Perez, 114 Trumbo, 117 Harvey, 154 Franklin, 156 Kickham, 161 Greinke, 164 Wood.

The Regular Rookies I hit were okay. Machado, Fernandez, Garcia, Myers, Gattis, etc. I think I pulled a few doubles, but I'll have to re look.

Here are my Inserts....

[Image: inserts_zpsb677a237.jpg]

Here are my #'d refractors:

[Image: serialnumb_zps2ea9b116.jpg]

Gonzales and Bumgarner are #'d /199 and the Bruce and Hamels are #'d/75.

My X Fractors:

[Image: xfrac_zps51ebf670.jpg]

My Other Stuff:

[Image: autos_zpsc1def8cf.jpg]
So the weird thing was, when I would pull a refractor, the very next pack would have the base card in it. It happened every time. Too bad I didn't get a sweet refractor.

Also, this is something I've never seen before. The Kyle Gibson redemption doesn't have anything to scratch off. It just has the number in plain view. Has anyone else had that before?

Also, the Paco is Auto Rookie Variation 182, and the Gibson is Auto Rookie Variation KG. What's the difference?
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

RE: 2 Box Topps Chrome, I hate you guys, and something interesting....
dude, i just busted mine and i got a kyle gibson redemption too, but a different one than you and its missing the scratch off stuff too! did you try redeeming it yet?
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

Yea phreaky, I redeemed it. It worked just fine. P.S. I hate that you are collecting Tavon. I was going to start a PC Smile Wait until you see my group breaks in the next few days. I might pass on Tavon and go with Stedman Bailey. lol

(09-27-2013, 07:56 PM)SGC300ier Wrote: Yea phreaky, I redeemed it. It worked just fine. P.S. I hate that you are collecting Tavon. I was going to start a PC Smile Wait until you see my group breaks in the next few days. I might pass on Tavon and go with Stedman Bailey. lol
lol i've got a ton of bailey if you'd like to trade PC's Tongue

I'll have a few Austin's coming in, but 3 base RC's from Platinum and an X Fractor. I bought into a half a case break of Platinum and through 5 boxes it was pretty bad.

Then in the last box I pulled a Bailey #'d 02/10, A Bailey Jumbo Patch #'d/ 50, and a Bailey X Fractor. Oddly enough, those 6 boxes didn't yield any base Bailey's.
After going through all my cards, I received 150/220 base cards and not a single duplicate. I thought I had some but that's because of the refractors and things. So with two boxes, I ended up with 68% of the base set. I guess that's not too bad, especially with no dupes!

redeemed my gibson ok